1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
WOOOOOOO
By jacob357 on 12/23/10 17:49 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Overall it is a great car if you upgrade it a little also don't run it into a mercury like my freind ashton did to his jeep

ready for a new one
By needanewone on 01/08/10 13:08 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I LOVED my Camry when I bought it, but now I HATE it. The drivers side door handle has broken off twice, the drivers window does not like to roll up once it goes down, and the clear coat has chipped off of the hood. The only good thing about this car which I guess is the part that matters the most is that I have not had any mechanical issues. I have only had to do scheduled maintenance work. With 220,000 miles, I guess I can't complain too much about that.

Value-ablility
By bman on 08/13/09 21:35 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Just at 173K and this car has been as reliable as could be. Other than actual scheduled maintenance, we have little or no "other" stuff to do to this car. I wish I would have put leather into the car. I did put a XM radio and upgrade the music system at 130K and it's well worth it. My 18 y/o son wants this car and we think it could go another 100K or better.

Awesome car
By sd6519 on 03/05/09 14:47 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

This car has 112000 miles and has never failed me once. I recently got a new water pump and timing belt, but that's just regular maintenance for an 11 yr old car. If you want reliability, buy one of these bad boys.

Lots of power
By carol on 04/12/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1998 Toyota XLE 6 in November 1997. I have driven several other vehicles and this one has the pick up, and the motor is very quiet. It's been a excellent car.

Great car!
By Eric on 10/04/07 14:37 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

Excellent 4 door sedan. It is as smooth, quiet and comfortable as most luxury sedans, and despite being nine years old with over 100,000 miles, still drives and looks like a new car. The gas mileage is better than many smaller cars (27 in town, 35 highway), and this vehicle is still roomy and comfortable for four good sized adults. The four cylinder engine has better power than I would expect, and handling is not bad for a family sedan.

my next car will be a toyota
By p.p. on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

1 battery 1 set of new tires ,new front disc pads. of course new wiper blades & filters. other than that im very happy! I now compare all others to toyota quality.

Charcoal canister & sensor
By parmiller on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

At 17000 miles had to replace charcoal canister at cost of $400. Dealer said we were overfilling the fuel tank. This week at 21000 same problem, engine dash light comes on. Now they say we need an air sensor for $261 plus labor.Cause was stated as using Mobil gas, should use Sunoco. $800 in repair bills for fuel related problems. This is rediculus.