Used 1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

High School Car
By Monkeywrencher

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

As a college student I find this to be a perfect car. I have had this car for several years and have only had minor issues with it. One complaint is the windows! Back passenger side window will not roll up or down..currently held in place with clear duct tape. Drivers window will not roll up unless you wait 5 min to gain 1 inch of window. Other than that I have never had any engine problems and love my car! So much better than my old Chevy Blazer 1994!

Favorite Features

Color, Rising Seats (I'm short), Sun roof, V6, High HWY and City miles, large trunk size.

Suggested Improvements

Better parts for the windows, clear coat on trunk peeling off fast!

Love my old Camry
By Ellen

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have been looking for a new car for almost a year now, and can't justify getting rid of my 1998 camry. I really love it. I know with all the miles I have on it, I will need to do something. Major thing was cat- converter and that was just recently. The V6 is quiet and drives great. Mileage is fine. Never though I would keep this car for 12 years and not want to get rid of it after 12 years.

Favorite Features

After-market remote starter trunk and seats that fold down, V6 engine.

As close to perfect as you get
By Darin

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had my 98 Camry for 4 years now. It still runs smooth, gets decent mileage, and drives nicely. The only things I have had to fix are the front shocks, a activated charcoal fuel filter (fluke), and I had a problem with starting it the only time I filled up with premium fuel. Go figure. Other than that it runs flawlessly, even with 115k on the odometer.

Favorite Features

Sounds system routinely impresses other people who think it must be aftermarket. It's not. Four speakers sound like 6 and the bass is great. The gas mileage usually hovers around an average of 26 mpg and up to 32 on highway trips. It's also quiet and smooth to drive. Great cupholders.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, larger radio controls, better brakes, leather steering wheel and shifter cover, an engine that heats up faster on cold morning. My brother's Honda seems to heat up way faster somehow. I'm nit-picking now. There really isn't much to improve on.

keeps on runnin'
By Da Bears!

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Just passed 150k miles on this baby and it still runs great. Other than regular maintenance, no major repairs. Only minor problem is with the trim on the driver's door (the vinyl on armrest is separating).

Favorite Features

V6 engine has plenty of power and still gets decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Change the angle of the rear window to improve visibility out the back. It's difficult to judge distance while reversing when you can't see the end of the car.

Amazing Reliability
By she-ra

1998 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I've had this car five years, drove 150,000 miles, and have never had to take it to the shop! Incredible, amazing, wonderful reliability. I'll never buy anything but a Toyota again. It's such a perfect car that its only problem is that you'll be bored with it long before it wants to die.

Favorite Features

Never, ever ever breaks down.

Suggested Improvements

hmmmm, can't think of anything....