1998 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Super Reliable
By J. Heller on 10/13/07 06:55 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This is my fourth Toyota. Have never owned anything but Toyotas. While it's not my favorite (options, luxury), it has been my most reliable. Bought it with 41,000 Has 192,000 on it now. This one has needed the least amount of repairs compared to my others. Still going strong, still gets excellent gas mileage (it's a manual, which helps)! Other than a few rattles, this one has lots of miles left in it!

My fav auto
By shoemasterz on 12/19/06 18:46 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Great family car, large trunk comes in handy for those long road trips, reliable, handles well in poor weather.

Outstanding
By zman2 on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I have had my 98 camry for >6 years. The only problem I had was the water pump went out at 80k miles and took the timing belt with it. My wife started driving the kids around in this car and made me drive her new Jeep Grand Cherokee. She figured I was insured for more.

camry
By homerj on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

This has been an excellent car. I bought it with 49k miles on it and it now has 115k. I have only changed the oil and replaced the battery at 70k. that is the only maintenance performed so far. It consistently gets 35 mpg on the freeway and above 30 in town. It is a 4 cyl/5 speed combo. I wish that all cars were this reliable.

toyota
By bob dole on 06/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

very good. a excellent choice for anyone who wants a very good used car that is automatic.

1998 Camry CE
By shoeman222 on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

Great car, always reliable,however, the suspension is a little noisy in very cold weather. Highly recommend for a used car purchase. Great on gas mileage

Flawless after 4 years
By gello on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

We have now logged 82000 miles on our Camry. It still drives as smooth as the day driven off the dealrship lot ( maybe even better after replacing original tires with Michelins). Still on original set of brakes. This is a great family sedan with plenty of room for 5 adults. Huge trunk! This car is a testament to Toyota's commitment to building quality vehicles that will run forever. Toyota has earned my business for many years to come.