1997 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
toy
By tracy on 02/05/06 13:11 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Interior design only problems I've ever had. Back of driver seat weak and carpet never has fit perfect but thats being picky. Trunk interior liner piece and loose and won't stay in place. Highway noise has increased with age but still acceptable. Normal maintenance of timing belt and CV joints only large cost incured. Engine and transmission still plenty strong with not a single leak. Still get over 30 mpg hwy and even gets better 35-40 with increase in speed. Can't explain that one. Absolutely no buyers remorse and no plans to sell this one for many years.

Nuch's Camry
By John on 08/31/05 03:03 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car that i will drive until it dies... take care of it and it will take care of you

Fast Car!!!
By Nate on 08/15/05 11:53 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the 2nd owner of my 97 Camry V6, and it has over 145,000 miles on it and it still runs great. The only work I have done on this car is replaced the A/C compressor, and the brakes re- done. I love the V6, it makes the car much faster than the model with the 4 in it.

reliable
By nilu on 07/25/05 17:55 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Reliable car with excellent interior space. Offers a quite ride with reasonable performance and great mileage

Camry is great
By theraywatcher on 07/06/05 00:26 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1997 with 59,000 miles and have not looked back. Besides the oil changes and other "wear" maintainance, the only repair I had to do was a powersteering rack replacement. The car now has 112,000 and still going strong.

Solid FAMILY SEDAN (not sports car)
By RichieRich on 05/25/05 13:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry CE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this vehicle used, with 48,000 miles on it. Has been ultra-reliable (NO repairs other than an O2 sensor). Still drives like its brand new in spite of the 125,000 miles that are on it. Ride is excellent unless pushed hard. (excessive body roll, but this is not a sports car) Excellent balance of power and comfort. Very cheap to maintain. Seats do get uncomfortable for me on long trips. My Goodyear Assurance Triple-treads (tires) are a great match for this vehicle.

Good Car
By Toyota on 05/07/05 19:24 PM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this call w/ 40K miles on it. It just hit 100K. During the 60K, I had to replace the valve seals, front struts and caps, timing belts, front axles for a total cost of about $1800. Its still a very reliable car. Great car for the money.

Rock solid
By Carlove on 03/13/05 09:18 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Just purchased it with 82k. Excellent car. It still drives and looks perfectly new. I highly recommend it. This is the 3rd camry i am driving and it's better than ever.

Overrated as usual
By jdowmiller on 02/13/05 12:51 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Purchased this car after a teenager totalled an otherwise perfect Nissan. Bought it based on the endless positive reviews here and elsewhere. I wasn't expecting much more than a safe commuter but it hasn't even lived up to that modest task. I have the usual problems: steering rack is broken - this is totally unacceptable, especially for a "high-quality" car; strut mounts rattle; rotors needed replaced and now brake pads squeal (regardless of brand or amount of adjustment). My belief is that Toyota's reputation for quality is based solely on their indestructible cars of the '80s and very early '90s. This generation of Camry is simpy an average car overall.

Most reliable car I've ever owned
By ColoradoToy on 12/05/04 13:07 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I've owned virtually nothing but Toyotas in my 25 years of actually owning cars (everything else led to misery) but this has been the best. Eight years old now and I've had no repairs. No rattles. No vibrations. Still acts like it is brand new. Can barely hear the thing running. Amazing car. I don't see how they can do that. I'm not selling it but this sort of quality leads me to buying the new 4Runner (wife/kids).