1997 Toyota Camry 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2ndTimeAround

1997 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE V6 Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

2ndTimeAround
By LanePie on

1997 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I am the 2nd owner of this great Camry. I bought it with 114,200 miles and drove it to 159,000 miles with no problems at all. The first owner kept all maintenance up and I followed. Unfortunately my husband with involved in a hit and run. The car was totaled and both airbags deployed. The car really looked like a pancake, but my husband walked away. It saved his life. I never had one problem with it except for the brake light going out. I drove 44,800 with not even one problem. Last but not least I loved my Camry. I will most definitely buy another one over and over. We still own a 2007 Camry. We had a 10 year difference in Camrys and I still preferred my 1997. The V6 power was great.

Favorite Features

V6 power was wonderful. It never was left behind on freeways or hills. The leather seats were in excellent condition. No rips, tears, or any damage. The trunk is very roomy. I drove to Vegas twice with no problems going over the hills or the speed limit.

Suggested Improvements

I only would recommend the lights to be glass instead of plastic. They were too foggy (dim) and not clear. I wish it had a CD player. But, I had a 6 CD changer.