1997 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews 11

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
This is a great car!
By lizzie on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with only 52,000 miles on it. This car is very reliable, what do you expect? It's a Toyota. Took this vehicle for our vacation, and we put 3000 miles on it. We had absoulutely no problems! Temp stayed the same, A/C never quite, and the ride was comfortable! I've had no mechanical problems. One of the most reliable cars out there.

Happy, Happy 2nd Camry
By Arvin Hodgepile on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought with 40K, now at 75K. I have not had to do anything except change the oil and fuel up. The brake pads look new with plenty of pad left. I'm going to have the timing belt replaced soon and the Toyota dealer has the best price around.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By Bernadette on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

After well over 90,000 miles, my Camry rides and looks like a new car. The only thing I've replaced are tires. Reliability is the #1 thing I look for in a car and the Camry has it. I recommend it for anyone and will purchase another. I like the newly designed 2002 or 2003 Camry. I owned a Corolla before the Camry. Too small and uncomfortable for long rides, but it was still a very reliable Toyota product.

My Camry
By Gus Clemens on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My 1997 Camry is my second Camry. I drove my first Camry for seven years, then passed it to my son who drove it three more, even after it got caught in hail storm. Transportation is transportation -- I want reliability and quality. Both my Camrys delivered. I expect my third one will do so too when I buy it in another year or two.

Think twice before you buy one
By I Hate Camry on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

Prior to purchase my Camry, I heard many good things about it, was I wrong? 136 Hp for the size of this car is a joke. My 93 Nissan Altima has 156 Hp. It screamed, when I needed to accelerate. 3 Months after I bought, it needed a front and back brake system. 1 month later, strut mounts and @ 90K the struts needed to be replaced. Dealer said struts last 90K. I have a 93 Nissan Altima w/ 150K everything is still original. @ 92K the electrical system started acting funny. It kept draining my battery. Thanks to Sears, they replaced battery twice under warranty. If you think this is a good, reliable car, my answer is: You have never seen and driven a good car.

My Camry LE Experience
By Young on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car has been such a great vehicle that we have decided to purchase another Toyota Camry LE 4-door sedan as our last vehicle now that we are retiring. The car has been very reliable in every way -- starting in -20 degrees weather (and above 109 degrees) without a problem. We live in a mountainous area and our Camry handles the climbs (and grades) without a hitch. Plenty of power and get-up-and-go. It's a great car! You will never regret purchasing a Toyota Camry LE (or upgraded model).

a good buy
By tasso on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

i just purchased my 1997 camry le, and it is an exceptional family automobile.I know that it will last for a good long time.

Reliable and smooth
By Suz & Joe on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

We've had our Camry for 17 months. It starts up and purrs every day exactly the same. It handles nicely, holds the road in turns and pulls easily in and out of parking spaces. The engine is smooth and acceleration is great. In fact, the engine is so quiet that at stop lights my daughter thought I had turned the car off! We've yet to have a single problem with the engine or drive train of this car.

good
By janak patel on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

satisfied

Camry LE V6
By KLG on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My Toyota Camry V6 LE has been a great car. It is 5 years old and still feels like a brand new luxury car. I think it is the best value in a sedan for the price.