Used 1997 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

'97 Camry XLE best car ever
By Julie Murray

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I cannot imagine having loved a car more than this one....19 years and 245,000 miles later, I wish I could keep it forever, but it is time for me to get a new car and pass this on to someone who really needs it and can't afford one!

What a great car
By mytime66

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

While i was looking for a used car, i saw the ad for the 97 Toyota Camry, 46,190 miles. I went and looked at it as a little old lady kept it in her garage. It was great. I now have had it alittle over a year and has 47,650 miles on it. I couldn't have made a better choice in car and price.

warning lights, a/c

warning light for electric window failure.

Best car I have ever owned!
By Glenn

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Great car no complaints, I live in Tx and we have all kinds of weather. I can trust my Camry in 6" of snow or 3" water and even mud! Back couple months ago we had a bad snow storm that brought about 8" of snow and of course mud after it melted, got the Camry stuck in 4" of mud and after 5 mins she got out by her self! Great transmission and strong V6. I would buy another 97' Camry. I love this car.

leather seats, trunk space, V6 engine, very quiet and quick acceleration.

rear struts, tire wear, no fog lights..

Doesn't get any better than this!
By dmsnms

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

All I have to say is, my husband and I bought this at 122,000 miles, and we can't believe the incredible ride quality and comfort of this beautiful car! We replaced tires and brakes so far and this car just rides like a smooth dream. We have an 09 Civic, and I still prefer to drive this car! Roomy and spacious interior, even after 12 years the leather seats are immaculate, not a single rip or tear! Seriously, buy one of these and just fix it up, you won't be sorry.

Leather seats, ROOMY interior (great for car seats), lovely ride.

NONE

The Perfect Car
By yayyyy

1997 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Everyday I'm impressed by some subtle ingenious design feature on this car, such as the clock display is brighter during the day than at night, or the moonroof still closes even after you take your key out of the ignition. I've never had a problem in the 110000 miles I've put on it, and I've even gone several thousand miles over the suggested oil change without issue. I was thinking of switching to a Saab but after reading those reviews I'm sticking with this Camry. It also has many luxury Lexus features like dual power seats, a quiet engine you can't hear, Harman Kardon sound system, etc. We have one Camry among five cars (two Audis, an Odyssey and a Corvette) and we fight over who drives the Camry every morning.

Conservative styling, very quiet V6, problem free, large trunk, dual power seats, headlights turn off when door is opened, Harman Kardon sound, high quality interior materials (better than our 2002 Audi), big moonroof, fairly fun to drive, great car. The Camry is clearly the best vehicle money can buy.

Hard headrests, not very bright headlights, paint looks less than stellar after ten years, highway cruising noise louder than I enjoy.