Love x 2
By jplum46 on
1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan
I'm writing a review on two 1996 Camry's. The first I bought not knowing anything about Camry's introduced to them by a friend. I really only felt that I had a decent car really didn't think much about it until I paid it off. Then i realized that I still had a new car with no payments. I started paying more attention to maintenance (wasn't that on time at first) and drove this car for another 7 years. Really the car was still like new and I had personalized it with all the latest radio and alarm features that the new cars had. Then last year it was totaled and I was heartbroken. Well I got on the net and found another same color 100mi away with 193,000mi. Had it shipped and I am in heaven!!!
Favorite Features
The best built car period. Can be brought back from the dead like my second one which had poor maintenance but a beautiful body. This car was given TLC and had old worn suspension parts replaced along with motor care. Arrived noisy and after 10k new miles is like new. Never would I attempt such a purchase for any car online without a test drive. Go Toyota! If you don't take care of these cars they are the most resilient but what a shame. Luxury - simplicity - reliability - security - fun Camry -My Car These late 90's cars are also the last ones that you might want to personalize with your favorite electronics as the new ones are all computer and dangerous to mess with.
Suggested Improvements
The new Camry's are not as good as a well maintained 3rd Gen Camry. Maybe more safety features but when I realize that my totaled first Camry should have totaled me as well then more safety isn't a consideration. I wasn't even hurt in an accident that should have been tragic. I still prefer the simple styling as to the long nose lookalike sedans of today. There is no personality in today's' cars. I may acquire a fancier one in the future but the Camry will remain in the stable.