1996 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Best Car I've Ever Owned

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Big Jim CrimeBoss on

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

After my 93 Grand Am (which had 189,000 miles) was hit buy a drunk motorist, I bought a 96 Camry from my mother, with 130000 miles on it. And I feel spoiled in the Camry! Im sorry but my faithfulness to American cars ended very quickly once behind the wheel of the Toyota! This is one of the cars that could be driven over the bumpest roads without ever spilling a drop of your favorite coffee! The 11 year old V6 still competes very well on the road and can actually "peel out" reaching a top speed of 135 MPH!! The tire grip is outstanding despite the excess body lean (which I'm sure got addressed in newer Camrys). The car took some getting used to but I think it was well worth it!

Steering effort is perfect for this car, The "power" button is great for those crazy days and the visibility is superb because there are no rear head rests blocking your view like in newer Camrys, and no cab-forward design which causes a long dash, so in my opinion, 96 was Camry's best year ever!

Toyota needs to have a factory supercharger availible for this style. Wish I had the SE edition. Oh softer seats are needed! I think Fred Flintstone sat on softer seats than this! Heads-up-display and digital displays would be killer!