96 Camry Collectors Edition Going Strong
By Carl on
1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan
This car is meant to keep going. I have now put over 255,000 miles on the car and it still runs very well. The car is very comfortable for the driver and for up to 4 passengers (both long and short trips). 188hp very peppy for a mid-sized car. The exterior looks are phenomenal, basically a Lexus in Camry clothes. Interior has held up very well for 12 year old leather. Even with today's fancier features (nav, heated mirrors, etc) I would buy this car again in a heart beat. Camry (Cam-Mou-ri = Crown in japanese) is the gem of the Toyota lineup. I am very pleased with the long life, high miles, and literally NO maintenance of this vehicle.
Favorite Features
I really like the perks of the Collector's Edition: power seats, CD player, leather, moonroof, Lexus pearl white paint, faux-wood interior, alloy wheels, and gold trim/pinstripe. I like how I can still get 26 mpg (mixed city/highway) on most fillups when newer cars can't even get that.
Suggested Improvements
To complete the package, heated mirrors would be a plus. But seriously, this car has been, and continues to be, amazing in every way. I only wish they'd bring it back into production. I'd order one for myself and one for my wife!