1996 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 8

1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1996 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love my Camry!
By dianebuzz on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Camry used in 1998. Fortunately, I also purchased an extended warrany because I, too, have had the same problems that Grillman has had with his Camry. The warranty paid for all the repairs. The car has been great for me. Previously, I had owned GM cars, but I am a full Toyota convert. Even with the repairs, it is better than any experience with GM. One other problem - the dealership I bought it from failed to mention it had been painted over the factory paint. It has completely oxidized and looks horrible.

Great commuter
By crisart on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 2dr Coupe

This was a great purchase. Never worried at high altitude, in the snow, in the heat, it always ran beautifully. Routine maintenance and tires were all it needed.

cost of my car
By Ammie on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

very reliable. economical in fuel. fast and dependable.

Not a bad vehicle
By bbb on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bough the car in florida for use in NYC. It had 82K miles at the time, 102K now. The car has been very reliable, just wear and tear, breaks, plugs, oil. However, the car is not suitable for use in the New York Metro area becuase the suspension cannot withstand the potholes. I have had to replace all engine mounts and now the front struts and strut mounts are gone, a 500 dollar job that I am not about to do becuase it is not a safety issue. A friend with a 97 camry has the same problem. So, I think the car is a great choice for a used vehcile, just realize that it will not come uscathed from NYC potholes.

great car
By chattanooga dad on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a great used car that is reliable, well-built, great mileage, and nicely designed, then this is the car for you. I believe that the 1996 model has better looking lines than its successor and you cannot beat Toyota for making a superb automobile. Although the four cylinder is not a race car, it does provide adequate pep and acceleration for most driving situations. Great for the student, wife, or the dad who needs a second car to run around with the kids. Routine maintenance is all this car needs.

Excellent choice
By wonderman on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My 1996 camry has definitely been the best car I have ever bought. Even though the 4 cyl. could use more power, everything else is perfect. I have 96,000 miles on my camry and it still runs like the day I bought it. No major mechanical problems, just normal wear and tear. PERFECT CAR!!!!!

Reliable and Boring
By a camry owner on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This Camry is a nice comfortable, reliable pretty boring car! I liked the dashboard design when I got it and I still do. The ride is a bit softer than I prefer. Not what I'd call sporty. But, this is a nice reliable vehicle except for one thing. The handling is completely unacceptable in the snow!

Camry
By Trick6960 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My girlfriend and I have had our Camry v6 XLE for almost two years and all we have had to do is change the oil and the driver side cv axel. It drives great, handles great, has enough power to keep up with everybody, and its just fun.

"Leak City" at 85,000
By myalex08 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

It developed a major transmisssion leak and rear main engine seal leak,head gasket leak at approx 90000 miles. These were very expensive repairs as the entire front subframe had to be removed,transmission dropped.Almost all seals and gaskets in engine have been replaced. Great riding car though and 'till this year, engine reliable.Extended warranty proved to be ambiguous.

Are you in?
By cecep on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car overall! Great gas milage, Great reliability, Though the good gas milage sacrafices power!