1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
96 camry
By frankyboywhatajoy on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

the best car i ever owned, better than the honda accord.

point A to B..
By tirthankar_b on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

With a 4 cylinder engine, performance is reasonably good unless ur with 5 and the ac on. its very comfortable but there is a lot of roll during cornering. i am driving an used one in average condition, but it is very reliable. the engine works very well with the transmission. not so fuel efficient, gived me 19-21 mpg in the city. 24-26 on the highway.

Reliable but needs more soul!
By Freshman on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is acaully me parents car that i will get in 2 years. It in ok car with good passing power except when you need to merge. Good gas milage, about 21mpg. Comfy interior but exterior design is ugly! Handling is ok but has improved from the new michellen tires. Now has pretty good traction in the snow. ABS is a very nice feature in bad weather driving.

My First Car
By Firefightersgrl on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I have to say I was pleased with it. It ran well and always got me where I needed to go. A lot of room to and easy to maintain. The gas milage is great. I would drive at least 30 miles a day (thats a lot for a highschool senior) and I would only have to fill up every other week for $20. It was totalled when I was hit in the side, but it took a lot of impact and I came out completely safe.

The Amazing Camry!!
By Sweet Cheeks on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car has always been very reliable, with minimal maintenance probablems.

camry 1996
By normandeau on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 2dr Coupe

Excellent used car purchase. bought 3yrs old with 60,000km, Drove to 200,000 without a mechanical problem.

above average
By lewis bennett on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This has ben a trouble free car with good maintenance. a good portion of the mileage has been highway mileage.

Reliable but boring
By CamryGuy on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is a great car, especially if you're not a mechanic. Truly a very reliable car w/great gas mileage. Major things to watch out for is soft suspension and brakes.

Car salesman's review
By bruce on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After 27 years in the car business, I have the pleasure to own & drive one of the finest built mid-size sedans made. I bought the car with 77000 miles, replaced the timing belt,water pump, drive belts and tires, and have thorughly enjoyed the car. I consistently average over 30+ mpg. The suspension could be a little firmer,but a very nice touring car.

value, reliability and performance
By skipkapur on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is powerful, fun to drive, great gas mileage for a V6, reliable. I have 100K miles, and look forward to keeping it till 300K miles.