1996 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Toyota Quality
By mehollin on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan Collector V6 4dr Sedan

180,000 miles and still going strong...this car has had no major maintenance (only replaced brakes, battery, and alternator).

great car
By lik@rpi.edu on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2 years ago with 112k miles. Now with 136k miles, engine and transmission still runs great. Powerband and Gear ratio are where they should be. ECT works like a dream. Throttle response is great and engine is quiet. Handles awesome with Bridgestone Turanza tires. Gas mileage around 23mpg in the city, 30mpg on the highway with a gentle foot. Low maintenance costs. No major problems with this 8 year old car. Keep it well oiled and it wont give you any trouble.

impressive vehicle
By erie on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Iíve owned this Camry since 1996 and it has been extremely reliable. I love this car.

For sale
By Baker, Gwendolyn on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

The car has great handling, comfy, very well built, and fun to drive. To bad i have to sell it.

Buyer Beware
By ItsaLemon on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My engine sludged up badly, which is a common problem with many toyota models, and the public is unaware for the most part. Many camry and other model owners have had their engines seize up. It was a miracle that mine didn't fail, and now I only use fully synthetic oil in it, which better resists the high heat in these engines. This is definitely my last toyota.

Nice Car
By Dig814 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry V6 XLE. It is and has been a great reliable car. Since owning it, I have had to minor maintenance but nothing to bad and it is all worth it to keep my car running like new.

96 camry
By frankyboywhatajoy on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

the best car i ever owned, better than the honda accord.

point A to B..
By tirthankar_b on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

With a 4 cylinder engine, performance is reasonably good unless ur with 5 and the ac on. its very comfortable but there is a lot of roll during cornering. i am driving an used one in average condition, but it is very reliable. the engine works very well with the transmission. not so fuel efficient, gived me 19-21 mpg in the city. 24-26 on the highway.

Reliable but needs more soul!
By Freshman on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is acaully me parents car that i will get in 2 years. It in ok car with good passing power except when you need to merge. Good gas milage, about 21mpg. Comfy interior but exterior design is ugly! Handling is ok but has improved from the new michellen tires. Now has pretty good traction in the snow. ABS is a very nice feature in bad weather driving.

My First Car
By Firefightersgrl on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and I have to say I was pleased with it. It ran well and always got me where I needed to go. A lot of room to and easy to maintain. The gas milage is great. I would drive at least 30 miles a day (thats a lot for a highschool senior) and I would only have to fill up every other week for $20. It was totalled when I was hit in the side, but it took a lot of impact and I came out completely safe.