1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Flawless
By C Murray on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

This is my 2nd Camry wagon. My experience w/ the 89 model made me search hard for the '96 (the last year they were made). Nothing unexpected has gone wrong with it. Zero. I have replaced the timing belt and brake pads - normal maintenance - and had to adjuxt the valves at 110k, but but other than that it has been 100% reliable. I would buy another if I could find it.

Get the V6!!
By qafFan on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Owned my 1996 Camry since May of 1996 and it has been trouble free soo far. Has about 106,580 miles on it and i plan to put another 80,000 miles. Overall power is ok but merging and passing power is poor. Wish i got the V6 when i bought it. Fuel economy is decent about 20 mpg could be higher and has bout 300 miles between fill ups. So far no major problem accept the replacement of the timing belt when it has 60,000 miles. Recently serviced at the dealer for new steering boot, brake rotors, brake pads, and a new coolant tank. Overall a very nice and safe car to drive.

College Commuter
By neinta on 09/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

As a college student I wanted a car that was reliable and could handle the commute to and from school, 400+ miles a week. My 96 Camry has done all that and more. Although the gas mileage is not as high as some people seem to get, I can still get over 420 miles per tank. Although there have been some repairs, she's still going. I came close to totalling her last winter when I wrecked but I walked away with no bumps, bruises or scrapes. We chose to get he repaired and she's running better than ever. Safety and reliability are great! She's close to 100k miles now and I'm sure she'll be around for many more.

Toyota Quality
By mehollin on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

180,000 miles and still going strong...this car has had no major maintenance (only replaced brakes, battery, and alternator).

Nice, but not the best I've had
By jschuman on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 2dr Coupe

Nice car, but not as good as the past ones. I had to replace both front axles for $800 at 80K and replaced many seals due to leaking oil since 30K. I've owned Camrys since 1986 and still love them compared to GM products.

great car
By lik@rpi.edu on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Purchased 2 years ago with 112k miles. Now with 136k miles, engine and transmission still runs great. Powerband and Gear ratio are where they should be. ECT works like a dream. Throttle response is great and engine is quiet. Handles awesome with Bridgestone Turanza tires. Gas mileage around 23mpg in the city, 30mpg on the highway with a gentle foot. Low maintenance costs. No major problems with this 8 year old car. Keep it well oiled and it wont give you any trouble.

impressive vehicle
By erie on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Iíve owned this Camry since 1996 and it has been extremely reliable. I love this car.

For sale
By Baker, Gwendolyn on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

The car has great handling, comfy, very well built, and fun to drive. To bad i have to sell it.

Buyer Beware
By ItsaLemon on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My engine sludged up badly, which is a common problem with many toyota models, and the public is unaware for the most part. Many camry and other model owners have had their engines seize up. It was a miracle that mine didn't fail, and now I only use fully synthetic oil in it, which better resists the high heat in these engines. This is definitely my last toyota.

Nice Car
By Dig814 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry V6 XLE. It is and has been a great reliable car. Since owning it, I have had to minor maintenance but nothing to bad and it is all worth it to keep my car running like new.