1996 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Quality and Reliability? Think Again.
By robertoduh on 08/02/11 12:58 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this oh so reliable Camry in March 2010 with only 96k miles. I was thinking this car would at least run to 200k or maybe even 300k, but I found out it won't even make it to 130. I have 123 on the clock now, and in the time I had it, I poured over $6500 in repairs. A rebuilt transmission/engine, faulty airbag module, two broken window motors, and a new gas tank. The transmission went out at 100k, and the engine went out at 103k. Now with this "new" engine, it loves to stall at red lights. Not really helpful if I'm stuck on a grade in traffic. Also, the interior quality sucks. My door panels are all cracking and falling off because of weakened clips. Thats quality for ya!

Extremely reliable car
By Maz on 03/13/10 16:09 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car when it was 6 years old. It's now 14 years old and I have had no problem with it at all. It has been a very smooth, quiet and reliable car since the beginning. It does not lose any oil and even the paint finish is in good shape. I would have upgraded to a newer version had I not heard all the bad feedback about the build quality of the newer Camry models.

Toyota - I love it!
By Kim on 03/14/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My car has been extremely reliable and very sporty, even at 137,000 miles.

Nice Car
By Dig814 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love my Camry V6 XLE. It is and has been a great reliable car. Since owning it, I have had to minor maintenance but nothing to bad and it is all worth it to keep my car running like new.

above average
By lewis bennett on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This has ben a trouble free car with good maintenance. a good portion of the mileage has been highway mileage.

Camry
By Trick6960 on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My girlfriend and I have had our Camry v6 XLE for almost two years and all we have had to do is change the oil and the driver side cv axel. It drives great, handles great, has enough power to keep up with everybody, and its just fun.

1996 Camry-Great Ride,Always Reliable
By GJC on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought it in l997 and it has given me 5 years of good riding, reliability,low and inexpensive maintenance and fun to drive. It still looks good and has alot of life left. Highly recommend.