1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Love my car!
By Sold on Toyota on 09/25/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Camry in 1999 with 19,000 miles one it. It now has over 250,000 miles on it, runs like a champ and still has a very pretty exterior. I still get compliments on it! We have done basic maintenance on it and a couple minor repairs over the years, but it is our most reliable car by far and I take it on errands (less than 2 miles) and long road trips with never a worry. I will buy nothing but a Toyota ever again. This car is awesome - seriously.

Better than new
By Dylan on 04/08/08 15:01 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

Bought in '05 with 148000 kms in perfect condition. Very well built (much better than most new cars), incredibly reliable, but a bit boring. The V6 is very smooth and quiet but it lacks low end torque and seems to bog if you step on it. Ride is very smooth but floaty and needs to be more controlled. Steering is not very sharp. Tranny shifts well most of the time, but short shifts in normal mode and hangs on to revs too much in power mode. Quality of materials and build is awesome. Leather is excellent quality but front seat padding is hard and pinches the thighs. Overall a very good car with some minor shortcomings.

96 Camry Collectors Edition Going Strong
By Carl on 03/17/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

This car is meant to keep going. I have now put over 255,000 miles on the car and it still runs very well. The car is very comfortable for the driver and for up to 4 passengers (both long and short trips). 188hp very peppy for a mid-sized car. The exterior looks are phenomenal, basically a Lexus in Camry clothes. Interior has held up very well for 12 year old leather. Even with today's fancier features (nav, heated mirrors, etc) I would buy this car again in a heart beat. Camry (Cam-Mou-ri = Crown in japanese) is the gem of the Toyota lineup. I am very pleased with the long life, high miles, and literally NO maintenance of this vehicle.

Low maintanence cost and looks good
By Mike McCoy on 07/23/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been the best I have ever owned. I would be hard pressed to buy another brand other than Toyota or Lexus. The build quality is outstanding and the car is still as tight as the day we drove it off the lot. This car has a lot of life left her. 9 years old and 90,000 miles and she is not even breathing hard.

Toyota Quality
By mehollin on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

180,000 miles and still going strong...this car has had no major maintenance (only replaced brakes, battery, and alternator).

This is a great car!
By Shirlee on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

My 1996 1996 Toyota Collectors edition 4-dr Camry is the best car I've ever owned (in 33 years). It is very roomy, dependable and fun to drive. In the Pacific NW we have alot of SUV's but my Camry drives through ice and snow like a champion.