Used 1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

225,000 miles, runs fine
By troyboy4

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 96 LE V6 used with 32,000 miles - today it has 225,000 and still runs good. I have been waiting for some major repair to come-up, but it has never happened. original engine and transmission - repairs have been - power steering hoses, cv boots, water pump, starter- that's about it nothing major. excellent - glad I bought the V6, I think they last longer than the 4 bangers

Comfortable seats (unlike the rock hard honda seats) smooth, powerfull quiet ride - If this EXACT car was for sale new today, I would buy it again- so I would have a great reliable car for another 13 years -

Keep making toyotas like you did back in 1996.

Loved My Camry
By emilydfeist

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I loved my Camry! It was always reliable. I wrecked it this past saturday and i almost cried! I hit a deer but the car held up well! I had it for almost 3 years and the only problems it had was an oil leak..but it wasnt anything major..honestly i never fixed it because it never gave me any problems. I had to replace a few parts earlier this year but thats expected on a vehicle its age. Over all a wonderful car. Unfortunately the 2005 Toyota i was looking to buy has bad reveiws...maybe they should go to making it the way they used to.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Big Jim CrimeBoss

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

After my 93 Grand Am (which had 189,000 miles) was hit buy a drunk motorist, I bought a 96 Camry from my mother, with 130000 miles on it. And I feel spoiled in the Camry! Im sorry but my faithfulness to American cars ended very quickly once behind the wheel of the Toyota! This is one of the cars that could be driven over the bumpest roads without ever spilling a drop of your favorite coffee! The 11 year old V6 still competes very well on the road and can actually "peel out" reaching a top speed of 135 MPH!! The tire grip is outstanding despite the excess body lean (which I'm sure got addressed in newer Camrys). The car took some getting used to but I think it was well worth it!

Steering effort is perfect for this car, The "power" button is great for those crazy days and the visibility is superb because there are no rear head rests blocking your view like in newer Camrys, and no cab-forward design which causes a long dash, so in my opinion, 96 was Camry's best year ever!

Toyota needs to have a factory supercharger availible for this style. Wish I had the SE edition. Oh softer seats are needed! I think Fred Flintstone sat on softer seats than this! Heads-up-display and digital displays would be killer!

SHE'S A HONEY
By ANN MANIUSZKO

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a family member (who had purchased it new) in June 2000 with 15,540 miles on it. It now has 50,583 miles on it and it is OUTSTANDING!!! This car has never given me a moments trouble; it gets about 21-22 mpg around town (not bad for a V6 that's almost 10 yrs. old). I have had NO mechanical problems other than normal wear and tear. I will sell this car later this year when I replace it with a HYBRID HIGHLANDER (can't wait). I've driven Toyota's exclusively since 1974 and would not even consider another brand! My daughter's PRIUS avgs. 50 mpg and I just love driving it ... way to go Toyota!

My driving experience would have been enhanced by a power seat; it's really the only thing I have missed. Alloy wheels would have been nice too.

Love this car!
By sunrise

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used almost 4 years ago and it has been a dream to own. Reliable, fun to drive, economical. I have not had to put a penny into this car, except for regular maintenance, tires, brakes, oil change, battery.I will own this car until it has 500,000 miles on it!

This collector's edition is just like the Lexus in paint and body style.

None - just wish I could roll back the miles so I could enjoy it longer!