1996 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
225,000 miles, runs fine
By troyboy4 on 07/08/12 22:40 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought my 96 LE V6 used with 32,000 miles - today it has 225,000 and still runs good. I have been waiting for some major repair to come-up, but it has never happened. original engine and transmission - repairs have been - power steering hoses, cv boots, water pump, starter- that's about it nothing major. excellent - glad I bought the V6, I think they last longer than the 4 bangers

Loved My Camry
By emilydfeist on 08/22/11 14:25 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I loved my Camry! It was always reliable. I wrecked it this past saturday and i almost cried! I hit a deer but the car held up well! I had it for almost 3 years and the only problems it had was an oil leak..but it wasnt anything major..honestly i never fixed it because it never gave me any problems. I had to replace a few parts earlier this year but thats expected on a vehicle its age. Over all a wonderful car. Unfortunately the 2005 Toyota i was looking to buy has bad reveiws...maybe they should go to making it the way they used to.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Big Jim CrimeBoss on 05/17/07 03:04 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

After my 93 Grand Am (which had 189,000 miles) was hit buy a drunk motorist, I bought a 96 Camry from my mother, with 130000 miles on it. And I feel spoiled in the Camry! Im sorry but my faithfulness to American cars ended very quickly once behind the wheel of the Toyota! This is one of the cars that could be driven over the bumpest roads without ever spilling a drop of your favorite coffee! The 11 year old V6 still competes very well on the road and can actually "peel out" reaching a top speed of 135 MPH!! The tire grip is outstanding despite the excess body lean (which I'm sure got addressed in newer Camrys). The car took some getting used to but I think it was well worth it!

SHE'S A HONEY
By ANN MANIUSZKO on 02/26/05 09:56 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from a family member (who had purchased it new) in June 2000 with 15,540 miles on it. It now has 50,583 miles on it and it is OUTSTANDING!!! This car has never given me a moments trouble; it gets about 21-22 mpg around town (not bad for a V6 that's almost 10 yrs. old). I have had NO mechanical problems other than normal wear and tear. I will sell this car later this year when I replace it with a HYBRID HIGHLANDER (can't wait). I've driven Toyota's exclusively since 1974 and would not even consider another brand! My daughter's PRIUS avgs. 50 mpg and I just love driving it ... way to go Toyota!

Love this car!
By sunrise on 11/10/04 17:41 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used almost 4 years ago and it has been a dream to own. Reliable, fun to drive, economical. I have not had to put a penny into this car, except for regular maintenance, tires, brakes, oil change, battery.I will own this car until it has 500,000 miles on it!

impressive vehicle
By erie on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Iíve owned this Camry since 1996 and it has been extremely reliable. I love this car.

value, reliability and performance
By skipkapur on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is powerful, fun to drive, great gas mileage for a V6, reliable. I have 100K miles, and look forward to keeping it till 300K miles.

cost of my car
By Ammie on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

very reliable. economical in fuel. fast and dependable.

"Leak City" at 85,000
By myalex08 on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

It developed a major transmisssion leak and rear main engine seal leak,head gasket leak at approx 90000 miles. These were very expensive repairs as the entire front subframe had to be removed,transmission dropped.Almost all seals and gaskets in engine have been replaced. Great riding car though and 'till this year, engine reliable.Extended warranty proved to be ambiguous.

95 V6 LE
By camry on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Drive very quiet but boring. Front seats are uncomfortable, no lumbar support. I had to replace Axles and rack and pinion at 80K miles. Cassette died at 70K miles. Some engine oil leak and power steering oil leak. Very bad experience with Camry, never go for Camry again. Tip: Get a 4 cylinders Camry, it's better and maintence is cheaper.