1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Good/safe/reliable care for th

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

1995 Toyota Camry

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Good/safe/reliable care for the price
By cheapgoodcarguy on

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Camry LE with 120K miles in 2008 for $3,000 and owned it until last week when it was totaled in an accident. My engine was still running like brand new at 146K and I was expecting to drive it to 300+K. At 140K the transmission needed to be rebuilt, but that only cost $200 (labor and parts included) and came with a lifetime warranty from my mechanic. Windshield wash pump never worked since I bought it, but that didn't bother me. This car is all about reliability, cost, and comfort. Even the insurance was cheaper than my other cars. Very safe, one of the last cars built with actual steel bumpers instead of plastic "facias", so it's a real old school tank.

May have saved my life is #1. Gas mileage is ok, performance is ok, low price available now even for low mile models in excellent condition, almost (not quite) a luxury car (comfortable!!!), Reliable engine and electrical, Common car so any good mechanic can fix it (no dealership markup).Cheap parts

If you buy this car look up if there are better aftermarket boots available (made of better rubber?) that don't degrade every winter. Had to replace mine twice in 2 years. About $140 for all 4 boots + labor each time. If you let even 1 go bad then an axle breaks, and that's an extra $100.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review