1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Good car, but not perfect...

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

LE Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Good car, but not perfect...
By tra_2883 on

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Camry LE 4-cylinder has almost 82,000 miles but you wouldn't know it. The car still acts like a brand new one. I've had this car since December of 2001, and it had 69,000 miles on it then and all my friends thought I got a brand new car. The car is underpowered with the 4-cylinder engine. In order to keep the car moving, you need to keep pretty heavy on the gas so fuel economy was not what I was hoping to get from such a small engine. Also, the suspension is very soft, which makes for a nice ride, but take it easy in the turns. Also, because of this, I can't tell you how many times I've bottomed out on a dip in the road.

I enjoy the simple, classy look of my car. My car is gold with a tasteful set of aftermarket alloy wheels. The interior is well designed and roomy, the seats are comfortable, the trunk is big, the air conditioner is powerful, and the stereo sounds great with the stock speakers.

The Camry needs a lot more power. The V6 model was too hard to come by. Fuel economy should be better. Bigger cupholders would be nice, as well as a more performance-oriented suspension. I have very few reservations about the car, however.