A Great Daily Driver
By twinturboZ32 on
1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan
I purchased a 5 speed Camry just this past November. This was to be my winter car and new daily driver. I must say it was perfect timing with the snow we had in northern VA this year. I bought it for $2,000 with 113,000 miles, you can't beat that. I had a 1993 Camry in college and I donated it with 240,000 miles. These cars can go past 200K miles easily. When I got mine I did the 60k service; timing belt, water pump, oil seals. I also put in a new radiator. I paid $1,000 for all of this work. So for $3,000 I have a good working beater car. My other car is a 1993 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx. The Camry doesn't compare in terms of performance. But, I averaged 30 mpg highway on my last trip.
Favorite Features
5 spd. Lots of storage room. FWD for rain and snow works great. Good gas mileage for a cheap daily driver. I don't care what it looks like. I bought it to be a solid choice mechanically. There's little that go wrong on these as long as you do regular maintenance.
Suggested Improvements
Well, I got the most basic version. The DX, which is a manual transmission. So nothing is power. Not meaning the steering wheel, but windows, locks, mirrors, antenna, etc. Its very basic but that is what I needed. I have a fast twin turbo sports car with t-tops to drive on the weekend!