1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
One of the best sedans.
By jddkone on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

After more than seven years and 135,000 miles, my Camry is still in perfect mechanical condition, w/ just standard servicing. It has the four-cylinder and provides adequate acceleration, effortless cruising. It's pleasant to drive, with easy response to steering inputs; steering feel is somewhat numb. Silent and sedate inside. Don't buy a family car w/out driving a Camry.

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking
By frogpyff on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 2dr Coupe

I leased this car in 1995 and bought it at the end of the lease. This car has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have performed all of the routine maintenance and I had the timing belt replaced by a service center.

Good car, but not perfect...
By tra_2883 on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Camry LE 4-cylinder has almost 82,000 miles but you wouldn't know it. The car still acts like a brand new one. I've had this car since December of 2001, and it had 69,000 miles on it then and all my friends thought I got a brand new car. The car is underpowered with the 4-cylinder engine. In order to keep the car moving, you need to keep pretty heavy on the gas so fuel economy was not what I was hoping to get from such a small engine. Also, the suspension is very soft, which makes for a nice ride, but take it easy in the turns. Also, because of this, I can't tell you how many times I've bottomed out on a dip in the road.

A perfect investment
By Will up North on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased the car used with 28K on it. Now it has 130K and still going. Only problem is the brakes squeak but they work. ABS light comes on but brakes still work. A perfect investment and very reliable.

1995 Toyota Camry
By Christina1 on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Great car - very reliable, however ho hum to drive. Has never stranded me anywhere. With all the mileage, I have only had to replace a battery, tires (normal wear), brakes, ABS sensor light, shocks, and struts. V6 has good acceleration

they should make these again
By ruppertdawg on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I love our Camry wagon. They are very hard to find and darn near impossible to find with the V6. We have the V6 fully loaded: leather, sun-roof, third back seat etc. Car runs like a Maxima V6 and rides quiet and very smooth. Like a luxury car. Needs bigger/better positioned cup holders. The V6 is a must for the heavier wagon. We take it on trips all the time, now has 110,000 miles and runs like new. Toyota should make these again.

Boring but reliable!
By DWRJR on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My Camry has been exactly what I was looking for. It is an extremely reliable vehicle built with quality in mind. I opted for the 4cyl, which offers pretty good mpg for a car that size (26-29mgp), but it makes it a bit of a dog to drive. Definetly is not going to win any performance awards, but it's guaranteed to be there!

great car
By slomo on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I have over 90,000 miles and my vehicle is doing great. I have done the regular maintenance on the vehicle and it is still going strong. The only problem I have had has been the power motor for the antenna.

Better than the Lexus 250 or 300
By BimmerMan on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

We bought this car for the reliabilty but kept it 7 yrs for the quiet fun. Built like the Lexus 250/300, this car cost $ 5,000 less. Always rated a "Best Buy" there's real value in the XLE V6 and it holds it's resale value. Toyota realized it's mistake in offering a lower cost Lexus so it to lower the price on the Lexus line! This car has few equals in comfort, performance, quiet ride, build quality, value or reliability. It's rare to find one up for sale from any model year. Get one, if you can find one.

A Great Wagon Toyota should make again!
By autophile on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon a year ago (3/01) from a local dealer. It was in great shape with 79K miles. The 4-cylinder is peppy, reliable, and smooth. It gets good mileage too and ride comfortably. I put a bike rack up on top of the luggage carrier and it hauls 2 bikes very well. This wagon handles like a car, almost a luxury ride, and I've experienced no mechanical problems save the power antenna (that locked in the up position). I now have 95,000 miles and it runs just like new. I would highly recommend either version of the 1992-1996 Camry Wagon. My 1995 model runs and looks great. Consider the Toyota Camry if you can find one. They are solid, reliable, and comfortable.