Used 1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I love my Camry wagon even tho it's old
By MizMaryT

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

My Camry wagon has been in my family for 12 years, it's the most dependable car we own - that's more dependable than a 4-Runner, a Volvo S-70 and a Pathfinder - all 3 of which have problems with the engin sensors. My wagon is too old to have engine sensors - I don't think computers were even invented back in '95 ;-) They just don't make cars now like they used to!

I like the lift gate in back because it makes it easy to load groceries and assorted sports equipment.

The only improvement I can think of would be for Toyota to start producing this car again.

I love my Camry!
By Anita

1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I used to buy a new car every 3-4 years & owned 3 Accords before trying the Camry. I have loved this car ever since - over 11 years. It has never broken down (which is really important to a single lady), it just goes and goes and goes; is smooth as silk, has plenty of power, is really comfortable and quiet. After 93,000 miles and just routine maintenance (I change the oil every 3000 miles), the only "complaints" I have are that the headlights yellowed and were really expensive to replace ($175 each and half a day to figure out how to do it), and the power antenna has gone out twice. Won't think about a new car until this one forces me into one.

Smooth, quiet, responsive, solid, roomy, reliable. I always say this car takes very good care of me.

More variable speeds for windshield wipers. Wish the power antenna was as tough as the rest of the car!

Reliable and economical
By Mike

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought it in July of 1995. Since then I've averaged 17k miles per year. It now has 184,000 miles and still runs great. Never needed any major repairs. Gas mileage is good (generally between 20 and 22 mpg in mixed driving), but power and especially handling could be better. The power antenna and locks sometimes stick in the winter.

Smooth ride, overall quality and reliability, folding rear seats

More horsepower, better handling, bigger cupholders, telescopic steering column, better lower back support from seats

Still a Great Car Eleven Years Later
By YSSMAN

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

What can I say about the Camry that has never been said before. When my Mother was looking for a car back in 1995, it was easily one of the best cars sold in America, and thus she made the purchase. It has been a real gem for most of its life, really only showing trouble now (eleven years later). It is a great family car, and the car has been across the country several times. But, the car is dreadfully boring. It is boring to look at, boring to drive, and most certainly boring to ride in. But, for most people, boring is a good thing, and it should not drive them away from buying one of the better cars made in the 1990's. But, she needs replacement, and it looks like we are going with a VW.

The best things about the Camry are pretty simple, it is good at damn near everything. A quiet and calm ride is nice, gas mileage is good, and the interior is pretty comfortable even with four full-sized adults. Best of all, it was born to go down the highway... A good feature for a family car.

To me, the NVH levels have seemed a bit loud, despite the fact it was a quiet car in it's time. Outward visibility in the back is not too great either, as smaller children sometimes have difficulty seeing out of the car when in the back seat. Oh, and it needs a better radio, standard.

Best car out there!
By master alpine

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This is a car that has lasted us forever. This is a great car also because the parts are widely availible so there is no problem with repairs. the cd player seems a little over worked. But that's really it.

Cd changer takes a long time to go through the process of changing the cd. i am a little surprised the changer still works, mainly because its so noisy.

• SUV