Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Reliable and economical
By Mike

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought it in July of 1995. Since then I've averaged 17k miles per year. It now has 184,000 miles and still runs great. Never needed any major repairs. Gas mileage is good (generally between 20 and 22 mpg in mixed driving), but power and especially handling could be better. The power antenna and locks sometimes stick in the winter.

Smooth ride, overall quality and reliability, folding rear seats

More horsepower, better handling, bigger cupholders, telescopic steering column, better lower back support from seats

Still a Great Car Eleven Years Later
By YSSMAN

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

What can I say about the Camry that has never been said before. When my Mother was looking for a car back in 1995, it was easily one of the best cars sold in America, and thus she made the purchase. It has been a real gem for most of its life, really only showing trouble now (eleven years later). It is a great family car, and the car has been across the country several times. But, the car is dreadfully boring. It is boring to look at, boring to drive, and most certainly boring to ride in. But, for most people, boring is a good thing, and it should not drive them away from buying one of the better cars made in the 1990's. But, she needs replacement, and it looks like we are going with a VW.

The best things about the Camry are pretty simple, it is good at damn near everything. A quiet and calm ride is nice, gas mileage is good, and the interior is pretty comfortable even with four full-sized adults. Best of all, it was born to go down the highway... A good feature for a family car.

To me, the NVH levels have seemed a bit loud, despite the fact it was a quiet car in it's time. Outward visibility in the back is not too great either, as smaller children sometimes have difficulty seeing out of the car when in the back seat. Oh, and it needs a better radio, standard.

Best car out there!
By master alpine

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is a car that has lasted us forever. This is a great car also because the parts are widely availible so there is no problem with repairs. the cd player seems a little over worked. But that's really it.

Cd changer takes a long time to go through the process of changing the cd. i am a little surprised the changer still works, mainly because its so noisy.

170000 and counting...
By AKcamry

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Has run like a dream through at least 7 interior alaska winters. Great sleeper car... with the stick shift have destroyed wrx's and many others off the line. Has nearly 170,000 miles and is still super smooth and oh so quiet and extremely reliable. Mine is kind of beat up, but I think the exterior design of this car is beautiful, and still holds up. Interior is nice and under stated. Love this car... want to keep it forever

my caddy
By zbraguy

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Just bought this thing because I finally found it at an affordable place. I LOVE IT !!! I've test driven them lots but prices stay too high because of their reliability. Okay, so I'm nearing 50 ... but as far as I'm concerned, I've now got my "caddy" and I'm through buying. I'll fix what goes wrong and keep driving with a smile on my face !!!

Festive engine with good performance, just the right amount of luxuries, and reliable as me in my faith.

Make it more affordable to folks like me who work at low wages.