Used 1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
296,700+ miles and going strong..
By Louise

1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Bought it used with @169K on it. Have had a few problems and I'm meticulous about maintenance. But by and large, I'd buy another Camry with no hesitation. Am driving it to Montana and back (2600 miles) in two weeks. I have lots of confidence in this vehicle and Toyota, in particular. At almost 300,000 miles, this car still looks sharp, gets 30+ mpg (it's a 6 cyl), has no rattles or other noises.

Favorite Features

large trunk, fold down back seats, lots of power

Suggested Improvements

Back support on front seats could be enhanced.

my rosiemy
By blueeyes

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

my 95 toyota camry has been a great first caar for my new family. it has ample trunk space for the stroller, pack and play and stil have room for luggage. as much as i love my car, i need to trade it in for a minivan.hopefully a toyota sienna!

Favorite Features

the reliability and comfort on the highway

Suggested Improvements

higher wheelbase or seats so it can be easier to get infant car seaats out of the vehicle without killing your back

Reliable, but very boring
By Henry

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents bought my Camry new in 1995 and I recently inherited it. It now has 180,000 miles and is showing few signs of its age. Although it has certainly been a reliable car, the Camry's performance is barely adequate. The lack of power becomes a big issue when merging onto highways at high speeds. The car accelerates very slowly and there's lots of body roll on turns unless you take them very slowly. This might be acceptable for the average driver, but if you prefer an engaging driving experience, the Camry is not for you. I'll be selling mine soon.

Favorite Features

Reliablilty and solid build quality. The ride is relatively comfortable, although there is a bit too much road noise.

Suggested Improvements

Better handling, less wind noise, more power, better stability at high speeds

Did I buy a lemon
By JP

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1995 toyota camry has been somewhat of a lemon. It did have over 200,000 miles when I bought it and it was on the second engine. The reverse went out where it would be somewhat OK at start up if cold, but would not work when the oil got hot. Miraculously it began working again about 2 years after I bought. I would drive it without a reverse but had to be careful where I parked. The door handles broke and I have a tie-string to open the driver's door. Overall the car is junk and it does prove to me very much so that Toyota's are far from perfect and can develop serious problems like all other cars. I still rate Toyota's high though.

Reliable and economical
By Mike

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Bought it in July of 1995. Since then I've averaged 17k miles per year. It now has 184,000 miles and still runs great. Never needed any major repairs. Gas mileage is good (generally between 20 and 22 mpg in mixed driving), but power and especially handling could be better. The power antenna and locks sometimes stick in the winter.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, overall quality and reliability, folding rear seats

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, better handling, bigger cupholders, telescopic steering column, better lower back support from seats