Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Still Going Strong
By Moonlight293

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought mine used back in '99. Have made several trips back and forth from Chicago to Delaware; no problems at all. Now has 155,000 miles on it and starting to replace things. Reliable and dependable, the only 2 things I care about as a single female owner. Good gas mileage, comfortable ride, nice functional features. Only thing is that you have to keep it locked up or even the side mirrors will get stolen.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, durable finish, roomy trunk.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great 95 camry
By mike1948

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Most dependable car I have ever owned. Great gas mileage (28.73) for 160,000 miles. Tracking is weak and power could be better.

Favorite Features

Comfort, gas mileage, interior room and AC.

Suggested Improvements

Better tracking, more powerful 4 cyl.

Best Car I've Ever Had!!!!
By Audrey

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned two Honda Accords and one Toyota Camry. And, I must say, this is the best combination of power and practicality I've ever encountered. The acceleration is great. I have timed it on different occasions. I won't say how fast it was because no one would believe me anyway! The comfort and safety features are wonderful. And, it is awesome on gas mileage. I've put a ton of miles on this car with minimal maintenance. It now has 223,000 miles on it. And, it's still running strong. I run a small computer business out of my home and the Camry is my workhorse. It hauls a lot weight and for long distances. I'm always supprised at how many iMacs I can cram into to this little Toyota!

Favorite Features

My favorite thing about it is the engine. You wouldn't expect it from a 4-cylinder. But, it really scoots! The transmission shifts smooth too. And, then again I also love the way it looks. It's possibly the most beautiful car I've ever seen... sleek, sexy, stylish. It is functional art!

Suggested Improvements

None.

I love my Camry!
By Anita

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I used to buy a new car every 3-4 years & owned 3 Accords before trying the Camry. I have loved this car ever since - over 11 years. It has never broken down (which is really important to a single lady), it just goes and goes and goes; is smooth as silk, has plenty of power, is really comfortable and quiet. After 93,000 miles and just routine maintenance (I change the oil every 3000 miles), the only "complaints" I have are that the headlights yellowed and were really expensive to replace ($175 each and half a day to figure out how to do it), and the power antenna has gone out twice. Won't think about a new car until this one forces me into one.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet, responsive, solid, roomy, reliable. I always say this car takes very good care of me.

Suggested Improvements

More variable speeds for windshield wipers. Wish the power antenna was as tough as the rest of the car!

Reliable and economical
By Mike

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought it in July of 1995. Since then I've averaged 17k miles per year. It now has 184,000 miles and still runs great. Never needed any major repairs. Gas mileage is good (generally between 20 and 22 mpg in mixed driving), but power and especially handling could be better. The power antenna and locks sometimes stick in the winter.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, overall quality and reliability, folding rear seats

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower, better handling, bigger cupholders, telescopic steering column, better lower back support from seats