Used 1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

No regrets
By Anthony-56

1995 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Have owned my Camry for 3 1/2 years. Bought it from a local dealer with 62,000 miles and paid a extra because of the low miles. But I do not regret the decision. It is about ready to turn over 100,000 and it has no exterior rust and runs like a champ. Very few problems so far. The drivers side door latch needed repair and a valve cover leak. The car is not very exciting but it takes such good care of me and my bank account that I hope it runs forever.

Reliable, fuel economy, comfortable.

Transmission could shift more smoothly.

Did I buy a lemon
By JP

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1995 toyota camry has been somewhat of a lemon. It did have over 200,000 miles when I bought it and it was on the second engine. The reverse went out where it would be somewhat OK at start up if cold, but would not work when the oil got hot. Miraculously it began working again about 2 years after I bought. I would drive it without a reverse but had to be careful where I parked. The door handles broke and I have a tie-string to open the driver's door. Overall the car is junk and it does prove to me very much so that Toyota's are far from perfect and can develop serious problems like all other cars. I still rate Toyota's high though.

I must have gotten the lemon
By JimBeam

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Camrys have a great reputation, but mine didn't live up to it. Motor mounts went bad at 95,000. The car started leaking oil at about 120,000, leading to the replacement of all the seals. The driver's side front power door lock seized at 130,000 meaning that I couldn't open the driver's side door. The Toyota dealership charged me $50 to tell me that they couldn't figure out how to fix it or how to even get the door open. (I finally got it open with a coat hanger and got a local mechanic to diagnose the problem and replace it with used parts.)

The only good thing about this Camry is that at least they retain their resale value well.

Just because it's a Camry doesn't mean that you won't have trouble.

1995 toyota camry LE 4cyl
By rod

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Toyota Camry in 2006 with 206,000 miles and now it's got 278,000 miles and no problems yet, i just love driving it every day it still run like brand new. This is the best reliable car I have ever had, and with 3 hard snow winters this car handled very good, I love my Camry

every thing, built quality

none

Brilliant car
By Andrew

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

The Camry is perfect I've never had any major problems with it at all! Being that I just passed the 200,000 mile mark and it still runs strong! Brilliant! Even on my long trip to Seattle from Portland. It keeps its power as long as you maintain the car plus with the power button option it makes it even speedier! My mileage is great, close to 30. The interior design for me is awesome because I've painted my interior to be black and chrome so it's exactly like a luxury vehicle on the inside! Like brand new! Anyone can make these cars look expensive that's what I love about them!

Extreme reliability, perfect look for any enhancements, very comfy inside

A little better gas mileage