Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Granny Driven
By d3boom

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' Camry from my grandmother after she decided to buy a new car. The car had only 116,000 KM on it which is practically nothing for a 15 year old car. It runs well, has been very reliable. There's some rust starting to form around the sides of the doors, but other than that the car is in perfect condition. Older automatic transmissions are known to get crummy fuel economy ratings and this one is no exception, i get about 7.5L/100k if I'm trying which is no great shake, but not bad considering the age of the car.

- The trunk has more space than i know what to do with. - Plenty of rear leg room so the drunk's i drive home from the bar never complain.

- Toyota has already improved the engine on newer models to improve fuel economy, but i still wish i could get good gas mileage out of this car. - Stock stereo is awful and absolutely needs to be replaced.

Best car I've ever owned
By cathy

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Toyota Camry LE in 1996, after it had been driven for one year as a program car. This car has cost next to nothing to own and has been a pleasure to drive. I'm not exactly the best at taking care of things; but nonetheless, the interior of this car is still in perfect condition. The body looks nearly perfect and the car runs beautifully with 264,000 miles on it. I'm amazed at how this car still feels like new. I'm considering getting another car just because I've been driving the same thing for so long and want a change. I will probably hold onto this camry even after I get another car because it's just that good! I paid $15K and really got my money's worth!

Awesome and Rageing
By Anand Raj

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my life. I feel that the Camry XLE V6 4Door Sedan drives no less than a Merc's or a Lexus. The smoothness make me wake up everyday morning to drive the car to work.I love my Camry and yes nothing else can offset the V6 engine and Camry with the price I got it for. My car is 2005 but smooth as a 2009 Lexus. What else can I say and ask more than a Camry.

Speed, Smoothness, Awesome power steering, ABS system, Nitro Power switch, Sun roof :) and many many more.

If gas could be improved to few more miles now the Camry is giving 21-23 miles in Town and 30 on Highways.

Great Car
By Lillie

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 1996 with 24000 miles. My son was in Kindergarten when purchased and is now in his 2nd year of college. It has been the best car I have ever had. I have owned Fords, etc., but none of them have been reliable. It now has 235000 miles and is finally giving in. I've driven it to Louisiana, Oregon, Kansas many times and has been thru 2 accidents. I wanted a small SUV so I just purchased a 2006 Honda CRV with very low miles and hope to keep it for a long time too. I would have purchased a newer RAV but don't like the style. I would have kept my Camry longer.

The look. Comfortable ride. No road noise.

I'm sure there's been a lot of improvements that have been made since.

No regrets
By Anthony-56

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Have owned my Camry for 3 1/2 years. Bought it from a local dealer with 62,000 miles and paid a extra because of the low miles. But I do not regret the decision. It is about ready to turn over 100,000 and it has no exterior rust and runs like a champ. Very few problems so far. The drivers side door latch needed repair and a valve cover leak. The car is not very exciting but it takes such good care of me and my bank account that I hope it runs forever.

Reliable, fuel economy, comfortable.

Transmission could shift more smoothly.