Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

296,700+ miles and going strong..
By Louise

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Bought it used with @169K on it. Have had a few problems and I'm meticulous about maintenance. But by and large, I'd buy another Camry with no hesitation. Am driving it to Montana and back (2600 miles) in two weeks. I have lots of confidence in this vehicle and Toyota, in particular. At almost 300,000 miles, this car still looks sharp, gets 30+ mpg (it's a 6 cyl), has no rattles or other noises.

large trunk, fold down back seats, lots of power

Back support on front seats could be enhanced.

A Great Daily Driver
By twinturboZ32

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 5 speed Camry just this past November. This was to be my winter car and new daily driver. I must say it was perfect timing with the snow we had in northern VA this year. I bought it for $2,000 with 113,000 miles, you can't beat that. I had a 1993 Camry in college and I donated it with 240,000 miles. These cars can go past 200K miles easily. When I got mine I did the 60k service; timing belt, water pump, oil seals. I also put in a new radiator. I paid $1,000 for all of this work. So for $3,000 I have a good working beater car. My other car is a 1993 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx. The Camry doesn't compare in terms of performance. But, I averaged 30 mpg highway on my last trip.

5 spd. Lots of storage room. FWD for rain and snow works great. Good gas mileage for a cheap daily driver. I don't care what it looks like. I bought it to be a solid choice mechanically. There's little that go wrong on these as long as you do regular maintenance.

Well, I got the most basic version. The DX, which is a manual transmission. So nothing is power. Not meaning the steering wheel, but windows, locks, mirrors, antenna, etc. Its very basic but that is what I needed. I have a fast twin turbo sports car with t-tops to drive on the weekend!

Granny Driven
By d3boom

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' Camry from my grandmother after she decided to buy a new car. The car had only 116,000 KM on it which is practically nothing for a 15 year old car. It runs well, has been very reliable. There's some rust starting to form around the sides of the doors, but other than that the car is in perfect condition. Older automatic transmissions are known to get crummy fuel economy ratings and this one is no exception, i get about 7.5L/100k if I'm trying which is no great shake, but not bad considering the age of the car.

- The trunk has more space than i know what to do with. - Plenty of rear leg room so the drunk's i drive home from the bar never complain.

- Toyota has already improved the engine on newer models to improve fuel economy, but i still wish i could get good gas mileage out of this car. - Stock stereo is awful and absolutely needs to be replaced.

Best car I've ever owned
By cathy

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Toyota Camry LE in 1996, after it had been driven for one year as a program car. This car has cost next to nothing to own and has been a pleasure to drive. I'm not exactly the best at taking care of things; but nonetheless, the interior of this car is still in perfect condition. The body looks nearly perfect and the car runs beautifully with 264,000 miles on it. I'm amazed at how this car still feels like new. I'm considering getting another car just because I've been driving the same thing for so long and want a change. I will probably hold onto this camry even after I get another car because it's just that good! I paid $15K and really got my money's worth!

Awesome and Rageing
By Anand Raj

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my life. I feel that the Camry XLE V6 4Door Sedan drives no less than a Merc's or a Lexus. The smoothness make me wake up everyday morning to drive the car to work.I love my Camry and yes nothing else can offset the V6 engine and Camry with the price I got it for. My car is 2005 but smooth as a 2009 Lexus. What else can I say and ask more than a Camry.

Speed, Smoothness, Awesome power steering, ABS system, Nitro Power switch, Sun roof :) and many many more.

If gas could be improved to few more miles now the Camry is giving 21-23 miles in Town and 30 on Highways.

• SUV