1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good/safe/reliable care for the price
By cheapgoodcarguy on 05/15/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Camry LE with 120K miles in 2008 for $3,000 and owned it until last week when it was totaled in an accident. My engine was still running like brand new at 146K and I was expecting to drive it to 300+K. At 140K the transmission needed to be rebuilt, but that only cost $200 (labor and parts included) and came with a lifetime warranty from my mechanic. Windshield wash pump never worked since I bought it, but that didn't bother me. This car is all about reliability, cost, and comfort. Even the insurance was cheaper than my other cars. Very safe, one of the last cars built with actual steel bumpers instead of plastic "facias", so it's a real old school tank.

296,700+ miles and going strong..
By Louise on 04/26/10 13:07 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Bought it used with @169K on it. Have had a few problems and I'm meticulous about maintenance. But by and large, I'd buy another Camry with no hesitation. Am driving it to Montana and back (2600 miles) in two weeks. I have lots of confidence in this vehicle and Toyota, in particular. At almost 300,000 miles, this car still looks sharp, gets 30+ mpg (it's a 6 cyl), has no rattles or other noises.

A Great Daily Driver
By twinturboZ32 on 04/13/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 5 speed Camry just this past November. This was to be my winter car and new daily driver. I must say it was perfect timing with the snow we had in northern VA this year. I bought it for $2,000 with 113,000 miles, you can't beat that. I had a 1993 Camry in college and I donated it with 240,000 miles. These cars can go past 200K miles easily. When I got mine I did the 60k service; timing belt, water pump, oil seals. I also put in a new radiator. I paid $1,000 for all of this work. So for $3,000 I have a good working beater car. My other car is a 1993 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx. The Camry doesn't compare in terms of performance. But, I averaged 30 mpg highway on my last trip.

Granny Driven
By d3boom on 04/06/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' Camry from my grandmother after she decided to buy a new car. The car had only 116,000 KM on it which is practically nothing for a 15 year old car. It runs well, has been very reliable. There's some rust starting to form around the sides of the doors, but other than that the car is in perfect condition. Older automatic transmissions are known to get crummy fuel economy ratings and this one is no exception, i get about 7.5L/100k if I'm trying which is no great shake, but not bad considering the age of the car.

Best car I've ever owned
By cathy on 02/27/10 16:42 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Toyota Camry LE in 1996, after it had been driven for one year as a program car. This car has cost next to nothing to own and has been a pleasure to drive. I'm not exactly the best at taking care of things; but nonetheless, the interior of this car is still in perfect condition. The body looks nearly perfect and the car runs beautifully with 264,000 miles on it. I'm amazed at how this car still feels like new. I'm considering getting another car just because I've been driving the same thing for so long and want a change. I will probably hold onto this camry even after I get another car because it's just that good! I paid $15K and really got my money's worth!

Awesome and Rageing
By Anand Raj on 01/11/10 09:46 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my life. I feel that the Camry XLE V6 4Door Sedan drives no less than a Merc's or a Lexus. The smoothness make me wake up everyday morning to drive the car to work.I love my Camry and yes nothing else can offset the V6 engine and Camry with the price I got it for. My car is 2005 but smooth as a 2009 Lexus. What else can I say and ask more than a Camry.

Great Car
By Lillie on 10/11/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 1996 with 24000 miles. My son was in Kindergarten when purchased and is now in his 2nd year of college. It has been the best car I have ever had. I have owned Fords, etc., but none of them have been reliable. It now has 235000 miles and is finally giving in. I've driven it to Louisiana, Oregon, Kansas many times and has been thru 2 accidents. I wanted a small SUV so I just purchased a 2006 Honda CRV with very low miles and hope to keep it for a long time too. I would have purchased a newer RAV but don't like the style. I would have kept my Camry longer.

No regrets
By Anthony-56 on 03/26/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Have owned my Camry for 3 1/2 years. Bought it from a local dealer with 62,000 miles and paid a extra because of the low miles. But I do not regret the decision. It is about ready to turn over 100,000 and it has no exterior rust and runs like a champ. Very few problems so far. The drivers side door latch needed repair and a valve cover leak. The car is not very exciting but it takes such good care of me and my bank account that I hope it runs forever.

Did I buy a lemon
By JP on 02/28/09 16:15 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

My 1995 toyota camry has been somewhat of a lemon. It did have over 200,000 miles when I bought it and it was on the second engine. The reverse went out where it would be somewhat OK at start up if cold, but would not work when the oil got hot. Miraculously it began working again about 2 years after I bought. I would drive it without a reverse but had to be careful where I parked. The door handles broke and I have a tie-string to open the driver's door. Overall the car is junk and it does prove to me very much so that Toyota's are far from perfect and can develop serious problems like all other cars. I still rate Toyota's high though.

I must have gotten the lemon
By JimBeam on 01/05/09 05:32 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Camrys have a great reputation, but mine didn't live up to it. Motor mounts went bad at 95,000. The car started leaking oil at about 120,000, leading to the replacement of all the seals. The driver's side front power door lock seized at 130,000 meaning that I couldn't open the driver's side door. The Toyota dealership charged me $50 to tell me that they couldn't figure out how to fix it or how to even get the door open. (I finally got it open with a coat hanger and got a local mechanic to diagnose the problem and replace it with used parts.)