Used 1995 Toyota Camry Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My Wonderful '95 Camry Wagon
By mikes_myth

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I got this car 16 years ago this Jan 25th from a Toyota dealership. It had come in after a two-year lease. Best car I've ever owned - Love it. Flash forward 16 years - The car has served me extremely well. No plans to get rid of it, even though it's showing a bit of wear. Then nearly two months ago I got broadsided and the passenger front and rear doors are severely pushed in. The ins co wrote it off as a total loss. I haven't settled yet - still looking for an exact replacement. I may buy mine back in case I have to steal parts or do an engine swap. Mine is a dark green '95 Camry V6 LE with a roof rack. Looking for an exact model in the Los Angeles area.

Favorite Features

Cargo Space (lots of it) and cargo access, roof rack, engine performance, third seat, styling. Mine was used a year ago in a Toyota Camry commercial broadcast during the 2012 Superbowl. The kid with the wagon loaded for a camping trip - that was my Camry wagon.

My First Car
By colinmcguire16

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I can honestly say, I doubted this car after my father started sharing it with me. Since this summer, I really enjoyed the driving experience. I'm only 16, but I pay for my own insurance, and since I'm already covered for the rest of the year, I need to get a job. Oh wait, I have an orientation this Saturday! Anyway, the functions of this car is astonishing and it feels wonderful.

Favorite Features

Most of my friends make fun of my car, but I could care less, because they only look for style. I see a dependable car with a 3.0 L v6 engine with very good gas mileage for long trips and the comfort it provides. I will admit sometimes I like to "play" around with it, since I'm still in high school, but I know I'm a safe driver. The back has a choice of either a 3rd seat or an immense amount of space for things to transport. The heater and A/C controls and functions work fast and amazing! The gas mileage is mind blowing for highway trips. Being very smooth as well as the driving experience is fascinating for the highway. If any are still available today, I suggest getting youself one.

Suggested Improvements

My car does swallow up quite a bit of extra oil, and it will need refilling every so often. Some rust has occurred, but it's all because of age. The interior flooring has been in contact with a lot, and within a year, I've already gone through 2 sets of floor mats. The body style sometimes bugs me, but when I drive it, I forget all about it because it feels like a sportscar.

A wonderful car to drive, it glides
By happy with my camry

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought the camry new. It now has 146,000 miles, I use it primarily in the city and occasionally for trips both within CA and to the midwest. It is just very comfortable and easy to drive, I can not stress the joy of driving this car too much. It is reliable too, even at its ripe age of 15 years, it has not let me down, I have maintained it though, with regular service. It gets 19 miles city and 25 miles highway.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, good visibility, great paint and body (still looks new) Toyota did not skimp on this car, apparently it is on a Lexus chassis, as I later learned, I think this is why it is so wonderful to drive, you get what you pay for.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could afford to change it to an electric car.

Car You Must Have!!
By MOSSO71

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon LE V6 4dr Wagon

I've been driving this car for around 2 years (was used, 84,678 miles). It is excellent, no problems whatsoever and I'm up to 95,235 miles. The ride is very smooth, the seats are comfortable, the noise level is also really low. The controls are very easy to use, and the displays are not confusing. The AC gets cool really quickly, and the heat gets warm quickly. Overall this is a great car that I would recommend. It's reliable and I haven't had any problems with it so far. Just I can say it's the best car ever!!

Favorite Features

Comfort of the ride. Low noise levels. Large back seats. Good for very long distance driving.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

I love my Camry wagon even tho it's old
By MizMaryT

1995 Toyota Camry Wagon LE 4dr Wagon

My Camry wagon has been in my family for 12 years, it's the most dependable car we own - that's more dependable than a 4-Runner, a Volvo S-70 and a Pathfinder - all 3 of which have problems with the engin sensors. My wagon is too old to have engine sensors - I don't think computers were even invented back in '95 ;-) They just don't make cars now like they used to!

Favorite Features

I like the lift gate in back because it makes it easy to load groceries and assorted sports equipment.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of would be for Toyota to start producing this car again.