Used 1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great teenager car!
By cwazychicken

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My brother gave me his Camry as a gift, of course as a teenage girl i wasn't too thrilled with the look of this car! I drove it for an entire year and only had big problems towards the end of it's journey. At 198 K it's pretty well worn out. For sixteen years old still runs good .No A/C , had to put in a new radiator and other little malfunctions, all in all a great first car !! I'm gonna miss it!

Great MPG

Best affordable car ever
By EP

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from Thrifty Rental in 1996, it had about 25,000 miles. Fourteen years later it is above 160,000 miles but runs great. This is a no- hassle, no-worries car. Toyota needs to go back to the mid-90s when it made solid good-lucking cars. No problem with sudden acceleration because these older model use a mechanical accelerator, not a computer-controlled one. And I think the style still looks good.

Reliability. Smooth handling. Style.

None, go back to this.

296,700+ miles and going strong..
By Louise

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I've ever had. Bought it used with @169K on it. Have had a few problems and I'm meticulous about maintenance. But by and large, I'd buy another Camry with no hesitation. Am driving it to Montana and back (2600 miles) in two weeks. I have lots of confidence in this vehicle and Toyota, in particular. At almost 300,000 miles, this car still looks sharp, gets 30+ mpg (it's a 6 cyl), has no rattles or other noises.

large trunk, fold down back seats, lots of power

Back support on front seats could be enhanced.

The Epitome of Reliability!
By Camrys for Life!

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Our Camry is now 13 years old and is still uber-reliable with plenty of power thanks to its silky smooth V6. Still on the original A/C and no problems except some rust. The car always starts on the first turn of the key and it just keeps going and going. When it came time to purchase a second family car, we bought an '05 Camry 4-cylinder. You know what? The '95 compares favorably in terms of comfort and ride quality! We added reverse sensors and an aftermarket radio and the car is downright perfect. Still looks like new (I detail it every other week) and one guy offered to buy it as he walked by! We love both our Camrys equally.

Awesome powertrain (V6 + 4spd auto), it's incredibly easy to drive, reliability, low cost to maintain, and the feeling of safety and stability whether it be cruising on the highway or running to the market.

Fuel economy is not so good with 100% city driving, but it's only a few MPG less than our much newer '05 4 cylinder Camry under the same conditions. Losing a few MPG but having the powerful V6 under the hood is worth it!

I love my Camry!
By Anita

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I used to buy a new car every 3-4 years & owned 3 Accords before trying the Camry. I have loved this car ever since - over 11 years. It has never broken down (which is really important to a single lady), it just goes and goes and goes; is smooth as silk, has plenty of power, is really comfortable and quiet. After 93,000 miles and just routine maintenance (I change the oil every 3000 miles), the only "complaints" I have are that the headlights yellowed and were really expensive to replace ($175 each and half a day to figure out how to do it), and the power antenna has gone out twice. Won't think about a new car until this one forces me into one.

Smooth, quiet, responsive, solid, roomy, reliable. I always say this car takes very good care of me.

More variable speeds for windshield wipers. Wish the power antenna was as tough as the rest of the car!