1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
95 Toyota Camry
By micaheath on 08/08/13 05:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned . I am 64 years old and I have out lived many vehicles but this Camry may just out live me. It never fails to start and runs showroom smooth. It is so quiet and fun to drive. Excellent performance and gas milage at 148, 000 miles. Why would I even consider a new car?

Pizza!
By alexx52093 on 04/09/13 09:39 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I work for a pizza shop in the suburbs of Philadelphia. My boss has 3 company cars for deliveries. Two Prius's and a '95 Camry. It goes over 25k HARD miles a year, blazing around the highways and curvy backroads rushing people their deliveries. It currently has 172k miles on it. It's driven by SO many different drivers each night, every night. It's been crashed, driven off the road down hills into fields... It's been through way more than an average car would. But every time you turn the key, it fires right up. Never has it left a pizza stranded! I always smile when my boss hands me the key to it when I come in for my shift. (I prefer it over the Prius's) IT'S A REMARKABLE CAR!

This car won't die.
By rolseth on 10/07/11 18:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My mom bought this car brand new, took great care of it, and passed it down to me with 180k miles. I now have 285,000 miles on this car and have only done oil changes and a couple of inexpensive repairs, along with the typical change of tires and brake pads. I really have nothing bad to say about this car other than that the driver side lock failed. But other than that, this car has been phenomenal in terms of reliability and functionality. It averages around 25-27 mpg. What a pleasure it has been to have such a trouble free vehicle. I could see this Camry lasting me a little past 300k with no issues. Couldn't be happier with the performance of this car. If you're considering one, buy it!

Great Car
By Chris on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have a 1995 Camry that got passed down to me by my grandfather about a year ago. It has only 130,800mi on it (1500 mi put on by me) and has only needed new motor mounts and valve gasket seal replacement. To improve my gas mileage I constructed a cold air intake to fit to my throttle which surprisingly increased my gas milage from 20-23 all the way to 25-27!! I'm going on a trip from NC-FL in a few weeks, can't wait to see my highway mpg! This car has great handling and awesome brakes, I live on some curvy roads and haven't ever heard my tires through a turn when in a hurry. the suspension is acceptable in these cars just don't be going crazy on the gravel roads. overall this car will last.

Good/safe/reliable care for the price
By cheapgoodcarguy on 05/15/10 17:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95 Camry LE with 120K miles in 2008 for $3,000 and owned it until last week when it was totaled in an accident. My engine was still running like brand new at 146K and I was expecting to drive it to 300+K. At 140K the transmission needed to be rebuilt, but that only cost $200 (labor and parts included) and came with a lifetime warranty from my mechanic. Windshield wash pump never worked since I bought it, but that didn't bother me. This car is all about reliability, cost, and comfort. Even the insurance was cheaper than my other cars. Very safe, one of the last cars built with actual steel bumpers instead of plastic "facias", so it's a real old school tank.

Granny Driven
By d3boom on 04/06/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 95' Camry from my grandmother after she decided to buy a new car. The car had only 116,000 KM on it which is practically nothing for a 15 year old car. It runs well, has been very reliable. There's some rust starting to form around the sides of the doors, but other than that the car is in perfect condition. Older automatic transmissions are known to get crummy fuel economy ratings and this one is no exception, i get about 7.5L/100k if I'm trying which is no great shake, but not bad considering the age of the car.

Best car I've ever owned
By cathy on 02/27/10 16:42 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Toyota Camry LE in 1996, after it had been driven for one year as a program car. This car has cost next to nothing to own and has been a pleasure to drive. I'm not exactly the best at taking care of things; but nonetheless, the interior of this car is still in perfect condition. The body looks nearly perfect and the car runs beautifully with 264,000 miles on it. I'm amazed at how this car still feels like new. I'm considering getting another car just because I've been driving the same thing for so long and want a change. I will probably hold onto this camry even after I get another car because it's just that good! I paid $15K and really got my money's worth!

Great Car
By Lillie on 10/11/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 1996 with 24000 miles. My son was in Kindergarten when purchased and is now in his 2nd year of college. It has been the best car I have ever had. I have owned Fords, etc., but none of them have been reliable. It now has 235000 miles and is finally giving in. I've driven it to Louisiana, Oregon, Kansas many times and has been thru 2 accidents. I wanted a small SUV so I just purchased a 2006 Honda CRV with very low miles and hope to keep it for a long time too. I would have purchased a newer RAV but don't like the style. I would have kept my Camry longer.

I must have gotten the lemon
By JimBeam on 01/05/09 05:32 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Camrys have a great reputation, but mine didn't live up to it. Motor mounts went bad at 95,000. The car started leaking oil at about 120,000, leading to the replacement of all the seals. The driver's side front power door lock seized at 130,000 meaning that I couldn't open the driver's side door. The Toyota dealership charged me $50 to tell me that they couldn't figure out how to fix it or how to even get the door open. (I finally got it open with a coat hanger and got a local mechanic to diagnose the problem and replace it with used parts.)

1995 toyota camry LE 4cyl
By rod on 12/20/08 17:45 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Toyota Camry in 2006 with 206,000 miles and now it's got 278,000 miles and no problems yet, i just love driving it every day it still run like brand new. This is the best reliable car I have ever had, and with 3 hard snow winters this car handled very good, I love my Camry

1 2 3 4 5 next »