Used 1995 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Pure Drive For Years
By Reid Hardy

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

To this day my 1995 Toyota Camry zips me from place to place with absolute joy. This car just wants to be on the road and it truly does feel at home. The suspension articulates every detail of surface to your hands allowing you to truly understand what is happening. If the ride is rough then you're driving somewhere the Camry doesn't want to go. With this being said, I have indulged in a little dirt road rallying and the suspension is tremendous for handling. There is a true feeling of being glued to what ever you are gliding across. In tarmac situation there is just enough roll to make you avoid pushing the car to hard, but since it has a 5 year old child's center of gravity, you really have to be pushing it to begin to feel this. I have the front wheel drive 4 cylinder LE model with a V6 version available, but I have never felt under powered in this car, of course you will not be beating anyone off the line. The automatic transmission is solid 90% of the time. It is alittle sluggish. The steering is light and responsive yet I would say it causes a slight disconnect with the drive, like you would be able to throw the car into a barrel roll while steering with on finger. While for day to day driving this feature is wonderful, the lack of feedback from the steering will allow you to over steer if not concentrating on where the traction is. Throttle is very responsive and breaking is wonderful until you really need them. The AntiLock system loves to engage at opportunities when a fast controlled stop would be possible, so in emergency situations go ahead and floor to avoid having the antilock system pulse you right into the back of someone. High MPG and a decent tank makes this perfect for commuting. Features are not the plentiful, but instead of having a billion buttons that do little, every knob produces a noticeable outcome. A/C is one of the quickest I have ever experienced. After sitting in 90 degree Georgia heat it will be blowing cold after about 30 seconds of running, something most new cars can't manage to do. Wiper controls aren't perfect. either a little too slow or a little to slow, but this is only for the pickiest of wet weather trekkers. Comfortable interior with lots of room despite the size. Having the steering wheel block the gauges when in the perfect driving position has been the only real issue for me. The beautiful thing about this car is first impression is the lasting image you are given. It feels the same as the first day I drove it which I assume varied little from when it drove off the assembly line. I've had no mechanical issues and see nothing happening anytime soon, as is the story for many Toyota of this time. I promise that if you enjoy the test drive then you will enjoy the car as long as you own it.

386 thousand miles and still running
By Novalee

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

My husband and I bought this car last year with 350 thousand miles on it. For $1500
He drives it 5 days a week about 90 miles a day. Now its up to 386 thousand, it's by far the best car we've every owned.

Amazing Car
By Jakeb E

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

My grandma had this car since 1999 she gave it to me when she got a new one. She NEVER had any problems with it. It has always been really reliable.

Wish I had another one
By lovethem

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought mine in 1996, 1 year old with 25,000 miles on it. I was told it was probably a salesman's car but when I did the research found out it was a rental car. I panicked because I know how rentals are treated. After a year the fender, bumper and hood started changing colors, I could see it had been in at least one accident. But, it was the most dependable car I ever had, even though it had been a rental. Totally trouble free. At 197,000 the gas line started to rot and the engine started to leak out from a dried out seal. Being unemployed and lookinfg for a job, wife said I needed something more dependable so she leased me one. I'm grateful for that but I wish I had kept the 95.

1995 Toyota Camry LE
By Oleg Dyachuk

1995 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought this from Georgia with 105k miles on it. Sold it with 135k and made money on it after a year of driving it. Had an oil leak coming from the oil pump because the seals had all dried out but even after I had it fixed I still had some engine oil leaks but I sold it before I took a look at that. When I was selling it I checked the transmission oil level for the first time ever and it was bone dry but the transmission was still working properly. I loved the car, was my second car and it was very small but spacious, pretty fun to drive around.

Comfortable, durable, can do 105 mph without feeling too bad.

Better uphill acceleration but the V6 will solve that for you.