Used 1995 Toyota Camry LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I love my Camry wagon even tho it's old
By MizMaryT

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

My Camry wagon has been in my family for 12 years, it's the most dependable car we own - that's more dependable than a 4-Runner, a Volvo S-70 and a Pathfinder - all 3 of which have problems with the engin sensors. My wagon is too old to have engine sensors - I don't think computers were even invented back in '95 ;-) They just don't make cars now like they used to!

Favorite Features

I like the lift gate in back because it makes it easy to load groceries and assorted sports equipment.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of would be for Toyota to start producing this car again.

This is a great car!
By Mark Buchholz

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I bought a 1995 Camry Wagon with high milage banking on its reliability and Toyota name. I was not let down. Other than regular maintainace I have had no problems with the car and I now have 200K on it! It handles just like a car even though it is a wagon and the 3rd seat in the back comes in handy when you have a few more kids to take with you. The engine and transmission are still running great with no issues. There is some rust around the back wheel wells which is a problem here in the NE. This car is a keeper!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of this car is the 3rd seat in the back. Especially when my kids were small and I was coaching soccer. It was no problem to flip the seat up in the back and take 2 more.

Suggested Improvements

The two things I would improve is its rust inhibiting design (more plastic around the base and wheel wells of the car, which Toyota did on the later models) and have a power socket that does not turn off with the key for powering plug in devices like chargers, etc.

great car
By slomo

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I have over 90,000 miles and my vehicle is doing great. I have done the regular maintenance on the vehicle and it is still going strong. The only problem I have had has been the power motor for the antenna.

A Great Wagon Toyota should make again!
By autophile

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon a year ago (3/01) from a local dealer. It was in great shape with 79K miles. The 4-cylinder is peppy, reliable, and smooth. It gets good mileage too and ride comfortably. I put a bike rack up on top of the luggage carrier and it hauls 2 bikes very well. This wagon handles like a car, almost a luxury ride, and I've experienced no mechanical problems save the power antenna (that locked in the up position). I now have 95,000 miles and it runs just like new. I would highly recommend either version of the 1992-1996 Camry Wagon. My 1995 model runs and looks great. Consider the Toyota Camry if you can find one. They are solid, reliable, and comfortable.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, reliable, spacious, and nice looking, good mileage with 4 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more power with the 4-cylinder engine (now solved with the 2002 4-cylinder models, but no more wagons available.