1995 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A Great Daily Driver
By twinturboZ32 on 04/13/10 14:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased a 5 speed Camry just this past November. This was to be my winter car and new daily driver. I must say it was perfect timing with the snow we had in northern VA this year. I bought it for $2,000 with 113,000 miles, you can't beat that. I had a 1993 Camry in college and I donated it with 240,000 miles. These cars can go past 200K miles easily. When I got mine I did the 60k service; timing belt, water pump, oil seals. I also put in a new radiator. I paid $1,000 for all of this work. So for $3,000 I have a good working beater car. My other car is a 1993 Nissan Twin Turbo 300zx. The Camry doesn't compare in terms of performance. But, I averaged 30 mpg highway on my last trip.

Did I buy a lemon
By JP on 02/28/09 16:15 PM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1995 toyota camry has been somewhat of a lemon. It did have over 200,000 miles when I bought it and it was on the second engine. The reverse went out where it would be somewhat OK at start up if cold, but would not work when the oil got hot. Miraculously it began working again about 2 years after I bought. I would drive it without a reverse but had to be careful where I parked. The door handles broke and I have a tie-string to open the driver's door. Overall the car is junk and it does prove to me very much so that Toyota's are far from perfect and can develop serious problems like all other cars. I still rate Toyota's high though.

Still a Great Car Eleven Years Later
By YSSMAN on 05/21/06 20:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

What can I say about the Camry that has never been said before. When my Mother was looking for a car back in 1995, it was easily one of the best cars sold in America, and thus she made the purchase. It has been a real gem for most of its life, really only showing trouble now (eleven years later). It is a great family car, and the car has been across the country several times. But, the car is dreadfully boring. It is boring to look at, boring to drive, and most certainly boring to ride in. But, for most people, boring is a good thing, and it should not drive them away from buying one of the better cars made in the 1990's. But, she needs replacement, and it looks like we are going with a VW.

170000 and counting...
By AKcamry on 03/31/06 09:38 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Has run like a dream through at least 7 interior alaska winters. Great sleeper car... with the stick shift have destroyed wrx's and many others off the line. Has nearly 170,000 miles and is still super smooth and oh so quiet and extremely reliable. Mine is kind of beat up, but I think the exterior design of this car is beautiful, and still holds up. Interior is nice and under stated. Love this car... want to keep it forever

1995 4 Door DX Sedan (Toyota Camry)
By ptle on 10/13/05 20:42 PM (PDT)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car for around a year. It is excellent, no problems whatsoever and I'm up to 127,000 miles. The ride is very smooth, the seats are comfortable, the noise level is also really low. The controls are very easy to use, and the displays are not confusing. The AC is gets cool really quickly, and the heat gets warm quickly. The radio is somewhat lacking, but that's reasonable since this is the lowest model level and the car is 10 years old. Overall this is a great car that I would recommend. It's reliable and I haven't had any problems with it so far.

15400
By Cloudyray on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

i love my car. i never want to get rid of it. and it's up to 123000 miles. best a/c on the planet (i live in az).