Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sail Away
By GM Scheibl

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was a very dependable vehicle for my use around the city and for shopping.

Ease of use particuarly the trunk.

The automatic locks are sometimes not dependable..

On my 2nd Camry
By davedawg2000

1994 Toyota Camry LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car before my 17th birthday just after we sold my old car (which was a 1989 Toyota Camry with 200k+ miles). Anyway, I simply fell in love with this car. I've had it for over 5 months now, and I couldn't be happier. 1 brake job and one oil change is all that had to be done up to this point. I plan on taking this Camry to 200,000 just like the old one.

Comfortable seats, power everything, generous trunk/cargo/passenger space, smooth ride, sunroof :)

Make the coupe doors a tad larger, mileage could be better (I get 16-18 in town with the 4-cylinder), suspension could be a bit firmer.

Great Car To Own
By Bobz

1994 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in '94 and it's been running perfectly since than. It had been hit from behind and hit truck/van in front twice, body shop works had taken the original muffler out, and the replacement wasn't perfect. The original battery lasted ten years!

Parts are superb quality. I like the interior fabrics, it's comfortable and are very good quality. The windshield seems to be more adaptable to weathers.

The perfect car
By Bobby M

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 53,000 mi. on it. This car has been very reliable for 189,000 mi. Transmission went out at 189,000 mi. I had a new trans. put in it. This car still drive like a new car. I believe this car can go another 100,000 mi. trouble free. I am completely sold on Toyota.

seat comfort, xle power package and car design.

none

RELIABLE!!!
By Donal McCollum

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1994. So far I have spent less than $1200 on repairs (New alternator and replace part of exhaust sys.) Total mileage:150000. All of these mile in Canada, many of them crossing the Rockies in the winter (10 times). The car has never given me the slightest problem apart from the 2 fixes mentioned. Amazing reliability. I regularly drive 800 miles in one day and I never have felt any discomfort. Fit and finish are excellent for the price. The front end and the rear end have both been in smash-ups, but no alignment was required. Excellent gas mileage and many drivers think it is a 4 cyl. Tires and brakes last for ever. I change the oil religiously every 3000 miles

The reliability, comfort, low gas consumption, low cost to own. I am afraid to buy anything not a Toyota. Service has always been at an independent garage-never been in a dealer's shop!

Make the looks a bit more eye-catching. Later models are better, but still ho-hum.