Used 1994 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sail Away
By GM Scheibl

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This was a very dependable vehicle for my use around the city and for shopping.

Favorite Features

Ease of use particuarly the trunk.

Suggested Improvements

The automatic locks are sometimes not dependable..

Great Car To Own
By Bobz

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in '94 and it's been running perfectly since than. It had been hit from behind and hit truck/van in front twice, body shop works had taken the original muffler out, and the replacement wasn't perfect. The original battery lasted ten years!

Favorite Features

Parts are superb quality. I like the interior fabrics, it's comfortable and are very good quality. The windshield seems to be more adaptable to weathers.

The perfect car
By Bobby M

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 53,000 mi. on it. This car has been very reliable for 189,000 mi. Transmission went out at 189,000 mi. I had a new trans. put in it. This car still drive like a new car. I believe this car can go another 100,000 mi. trouble free. I am completely sold on Toyota.

Favorite Features

seat comfort, xle power package and car design.

Suggested Improvements

none

RELIABLE!!!
By Donal McCollum

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1994. So far I have spent less than $1200 on repairs (New alternator and replace part of exhaust sys.) Total mileage:150000. All of these mile in Canada, many of them crossing the Rockies in the winter (10 times). The car has never given me the slightest problem apart from the 2 fixes mentioned. Amazing reliability. I regularly drive 800 miles in one day and I never have felt any discomfort. Fit and finish are excellent for the price. The front end and the rear end have both been in smash-ups, but no alignment was required. Excellent gas mileage and many drivers think it is a 4 cyl. Tires and brakes last for ever. I change the oil religiously every 3000 miles

Favorite Features

The reliability, comfort, low gas consumption, low cost to own. I am afraid to buy anything not a Toyota. Service has always been at an independent garage-never been in a dealer's shop!

Suggested Improvements

Make the looks a bit more eye-catching. Later models are better, but still ho-hum.

The Sedative!
By Rip

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan

The aboslute comfort, ease of handling and quietness of this vehicle makes it one of the most relaxing to drive. After 10 years of driving this vehicle it has not once let me down, started every morning and has always taken me where I wanted to go and brought me back. Whenever I get into this vehicle it is as much a joy and pleasant experience to drive as it was the day I first got it. Toyota servicng is, off course, supreme!

Suggested Improvements

Remove the cruise control and substitute a speed control.