Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car - 12 yr owner of 15 yr old car
By alexa

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 when it was 3 years old with 40-K miles, I have owned it since and it is at 275-K and running smoothly. I have all the regular maintenance done and recently drove it non-stop 450 miles on one 16-gallon tank of gas. I am not selling it since I cannot get what it is worth, everyone sneers at the mileage and age of the car, but I know that it is a great car, will not be surprised if it makes 500-K miles. No problem at all just change tires, routine maintenance, very little rust, change batteries, etc.

Reliability, comfortable and smooth on the road, still got power and pep after 15 years!

None!

Excellent Car
By twocruzin

1994 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Jan 1994 and have put over 250K miles on it. The engine has never been touched and it does not use or burn oil. I have strictly followed the maint schedule & use Mobil 1. I just recently replaced all 4 struts because I intend to keep this car for at least another 100K miles. Over the years, I've replaced a few parts. Other than the struts, the most major thing being all 4 window regulators. This car still drives and rides great and we do not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country - which we just did. This model year was one of the best Toyota ever built. I'm glad I bought it. It still gets well over 30 mpg on the highway. It has 25 coats of wax on it.

Build quality. The handling and ride. I still like the styling. The paint still looks the same as when I brought the car home from the dealer.

Build more like this one.

Super High Milage
By Louis

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car brand new in May of 1994 and used to commute to work daily for 14 years without any failure. Mileage today is 476,000 miles. Original engine, no major engine failure. Maintenance is the usual timing belt, and tune up only, changed water pump, radiator and clutch once, about 4 years ago. Everything else is still original.

Love it
By CamryBuff

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Wagon

This car has 223k on it and it runs great. Leaks a little bit of oil and the engine has a small problem but that can only be expected after so long. I am looking to upgrade to a newer Camry as I am just waiting for this one to die. Don't understand why Toyota doesn't still make these though.

Can fit a 4x8 sheet of foam in the car with the seats down, it'll just last forever if u take care of it.

Only two cup holders and one gets smashed when the shifter is in park.

260000 and a blown head gasket
By redneckjdr

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have a 94 Toyota Camry that I am the 3rd owner of. My mother was the 2nd and bought it used in 1995 with a little over 15,000 miles on it. I think that it is an unbeatable car as far as durability and reliability. The 2.2lt sohc 4 cyl has more than enough power and with the electronically controlled 4 speed auto trans it uses it in all the right rpms depending on how much gas petal is used. I have put this car through its paces for sure with 168,000 miles on it when I got it I definitely put the hardest of the 260,000 miles on it. The only major repair I had to do was replace the cv joints 3 times but that was because of hard driving. I am having the motor rebuilt because of a blown head gasket.

good strong engine durable inside and out no major repairs need to the motor throughout ownership smooth ride even beyond 100 mph good fuel economy

bigger cup holders v6 with the 5 speed