Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Excellent Car
By twocruzin

1994 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Jan 1994 and have put over 250K miles on it. The engine has never been touched and it does not use or burn oil. I have strictly followed the maint schedule & use Mobil 1. I just recently replaced all 4 struts because I intend to keep this car for at least another 100K miles. Over the years, I've replaced a few parts. Other than the struts, the most major thing being all 4 window regulators. This car still drives and rides great and we do not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country - which we just did. This model year was one of the best Toyota ever built. I'm glad I bought it. It still gets well over 30 mpg on the highway. It has 25 coats of wax on it.

Favorite Features

Build quality. The handling and ride. I still like the styling. The paint still looks the same as when I brought the car home from the dealer.

Suggested Improvements

Build more like this one.

Super High Milage
By Louis

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car brand new in May of 1994 and used to commute to work daily for 14 years without any failure. Mileage today is 476,000 miles. Original engine, no major engine failure. Maintenance is the usual timing belt, and tune up only, changed water pump, radiator and clutch once, about 4 years ago. Everything else is still original.

Love it
By CamryBuff

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Wagon

This car has 223k on it and it runs great. Leaks a little bit of oil and the engine has a small problem but that can only be expected after so long. I am looking to upgrade to a newer Camry as I am just waiting for this one to die. Don't understand why Toyota doesn't still make these though.

Favorite Features

Can fit a 4x8 sheet of foam in the car with the seats down, it'll just last forever if u take care of it.

Suggested Improvements

Only two cup holders and one gets smashed when the shifter is in park.

260000 and a blown head gasket
By redneckjdr

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have a 94 Toyota Camry that I am the 3rd owner of. My mother was the 2nd and bought it used in 1995 with a little over 15,000 miles on it. I think that it is an unbeatable car as far as durability and reliability. The 2.2lt sohc 4 cyl has more than enough power and with the electronically controlled 4 speed auto trans it uses it in all the right rpms depending on how much gas petal is used. I have put this car through its paces for sure with 168,000 miles on it when I got it I definitely put the hardest of the 260,000 miles on it. The only major repair I had to do was replace the cv joints 3 times but that was because of hard driving. I am having the motor rebuilt because of a blown head gasket.

Favorite Features

good strong engine durable inside and out no major repairs need to the motor throughout ownership smooth ride even beyond 100 mph good fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

bigger cup holders v6 with the 5 speed

Very Reliable, Excellent Quality
By MistR Pardi

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

As far as quality goes this car rates a 20. When I bought my 94 Camry I first thought it was a 97 or 98 from the looks of the interior. I know cars and this car is solid. No parts falling apart or ripping seats like others in its class. Only repairs I have had to do were fix the rear struts and a small oil leak so far. I also replaced the timing belt which made the car brand new. Keep up with oil changes and tune ups and this car will drive forever.

Favorite Features

Interior quality. Nothing is easily broken or damaged. Superior quality to many brand new cars on the market today.

Suggested Improvements

None really. If you get the spoiler on the coupe or 4 dr it looks fairly sporty for the price. But it is more of a family sedan so if you wanted sporty this would not really be your choice.