1994 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Best Car Ever Owned
By Advisor2010 on 03/14/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have put >223k miles on it. Form, fit and function are exceptional. The 3.0 L engine runs like a Lexus - smooth and reliable. I agree with the other reviewers about the poor low end torque, but not about the mileage. My typical city/highway mileage was 20 mpg, and I have never gotten better than 24 mpg. I have had owned Chevy and Olds, and neither is as solid an automobile as the Camry. This one's a keeper.

A little overrated in reliability
By Jesse on 02/10/10 22:08 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car handled wonderfully, and drove extremely quiet. I never changed the transmission fluid, coolent, got a tune-up, or had to replace a belt...all I ever did was routinely change the oil about every 5-7k. Guess what failed? The piston rings. The oil pump conked out and destroyed the rings. Now, it is hardly worth fixing at a $2000 bill. If anything, I thought the transmission would have gone, not the thing I actually did take care of. Made it to 158,000 miles, though.

Thought It Was Good
By CarHog on 01/31/10 12:10 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this Camry from original owner- Had around 85000 miles on it--after 98000 miles everything went wrong--I religiously changed my oil and fluids. First to go wrong were all of the window motors--each cost around 250- 300 to fix. Next, antenna and stereo went out--costs were around 200-250. Finally, the transmission went out-- had to change front and rear end seals, driver brake hoes busted, and shocks went out--don't want to think about how much expensive it was. I still have it b/c can't afford anything else. I was surprised to see the downward trend after 98000 miles from a Camry.

Montana camry
By montana mama on 01/24/10 20:29 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car. My husband and I travel a lot and we have been so blessed by the reliability of this car. We are so thankful. We have driven it in a lot of different conditions and it has handled well. Our car has over 208,000 miles and its still kicking. We hope to have it for another 100,000.

Well, it is 15 years old
By BSS on 11/23/09 11:09 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry w/low mileage in 2002, & currently it has 117,000 mi. After just replacing cv jt, the starter went out. I knew it was leaking a little oil & power steering fluid--but it turns out I should've had those checked first. Water pump, timing belt, entire power steering system, & valve cover gasket all on their way out. I don't expect even a Toyota to run forever, but this is at 117,000 mi. I don't skip oil changes, & am not that hard on cars--tho I didn't realize how serious a pwr steering leak can be. Overall it's been pretty reliable--just hate it's all going at once. I'm trying Honda next.

Wonderful car
By golfman on 11/03/09 04:07 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Am finally moving on from this car after 16 years. Has been a great auto. Extremely reliable. This was basically the Lexus ES 300 with a different body and missing some bells and whistles. Toyota later thought this car was too good for the price and "decontented" it. I've had no major issues or repairs with it. Replaced the timing chain around 80k miles. I'm even reluctantly giving it up at this point, but there are just too many nice features on the new cars to pass up. I have the black exterior and tan interior and still think the car looks good today. A real peach.

Great Car - 12 yr owner of 15 yr old car
By alexa on 07/15/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 when it was 3 years old with 40-K miles, I have owned it since and it is at 275-K and running smoothly. I have all the regular maintenance done and recently drove it non-stop 450 miles on one 16-gallon tank of gas. I am not selling it since I cannot get what it is worth, everyone sneers at the mileage and age of the car, but I know that it is a great car, will not be surprised if it makes 500-K miles. No problem at all just change tires, routine maintenance, very little rust, change batteries, etc.

Excellent Car
By twocruzin on 07/15/09 18:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in Jan 1994 and have put over 250K miles on it. The engine has never been touched and it does not use or burn oil. I have strictly followed the maint schedule & use Mobil 1. I just recently replaced all 4 struts because I intend to keep this car for at least another 100K miles. Over the years, I've replaced a few parts. Other than the struts, the most major thing being all 4 window regulators. This car still drives and rides great and we do not hesitate to jump in and drive cross country - which we just did. This model year was one of the best Toyota ever built. I'm glad I bought it. It still gets well over 30 mpg on the highway. It has 25 coats of wax on it.

Super High Milage
By Louis on 06/16/09 22:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car brand new in May of 1994 and used to commute to work daily for 14 years without any failure. Mileage today is 476,000 miles. Original engine, no major engine failure. Maintenance is the usual timing belt, and tune up only, changed water pump, radiator and clutch once, about 4 years ago. Everything else is still original.

260000 and a blown head gasket
By redneckjdr on 03/19/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have a 94 Toyota Camry that I am the 3rd owner of. My mother was the 2nd and bought it used in 1995 with a little over 15,000 miles on it. I think that it is an unbeatable car as far as durability and reliability. The 2.2lt sohc 4 cyl has more than enough power and with the electronically controlled 4 speed auto trans it uses it in all the right rpms depending on how much gas petal is used. I have put this car through its paces for sure with 168,000 miles on it when I got it I definitely put the hardest of the 260,000 miles on it. The only major repair I had to do was replace the cv joints 3 times but that was because of hard driving. I am having the motor rebuilt because of a blown head gasket.