Used 1994 Toyota Camry Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best damn car ever made
By Toyota man

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 94 SE coupe second hand as a trade in at my dealership. I owned the car for 6 years until sadly it was recently totalled. This particular car was one of Toyota's best made vehicles. Never left me starnded, always looked good. Interior layout was the best of any of the Camrys. You could ask for more style, comfort and just an all around great car. A sporty coupe with room for 4 human beings. I can't say enough about my old friend. I would buy another one today if the car was available and as clean as mine was. Anyone in the market looking for a great used car, have a dealer check it out first then enjoy it!! Working for a dealer in sales I have driven them all. Can't beat a 94 SE.

Favorite Features

The SE is fully loaded, Stereo was great and I loved the moonroof, wish the coupe came in a 5 speed. Great seats as well and awesome instrumentation. Great overall design.

Suggested Improvements

Can't improve on perfection.

Best car I've ever owned
By Bob Freed

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Except for maintenance items (battery, new brakes, timing chain, etc) I have put nothing into this car. It has never let me down. I would love to keep it forever. The V-6 is a bit of a gas hog and does not have "pin you back in your seat" acceleration, but is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

The sound system is great.

Suggested Improvements

Openning the trunk dring rain causes water to get in the trunk.

Hard To Let Go Of!
By AustinCamryOwner

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

We've owned this black coupe since it was a year old, and the reliability has been astounding. Simply put, it has never left my wife stranded and broken down - ever. And maintenence has been just the minimum required. While the 4 cylinder isn't particulary sporty in nature, this car wasn't purchased for that purpose... it was purchased for comfort, decent style and reliability, and it has delivered all 3 exactly as expected along with great fuel mileage.

Favorite Features

Reliability and build quality. Ease of driving and comfort. Fuel economy. Nice style, still acceptable 10 years later.

Suggested Improvements

If I was redesigning it, I would add some headroom (which was done in later years). Anyone over 6' tall is a tight fit in this car, even in the adjustable driver's seat. More torque from the 4 cylinder engine would be nice, but the V6 is out there for that.

Good except for the 1MZ-FE
By loser65

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE V6 2dr Coupe

If you get the V6 of the 94-96, be prepared for maintenance. When I hit 100,000 miles it started to develop some leaks and have water pump go out. I did run it hard, but I still expected more from Toyota.

Favorite Features

Having a "Grandma Car" that was a Coupe V6 and able to beat a lot of stupid civics was cool.

Suggested Improvements

Needed to be available with a 5-speed manual.

Fun:Dependable
By coolfool86

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

This car is the best I have ever owned it is now nine years old and still looks as good as new. It has 123,000 miles and runs the same as on the way home from the dealership.