Used 1994 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Superb reliability
By Very happy customer

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Bought my 94 Camry 2.2L in 2011 with 107,000 miles. Now has 157, 000 and have only replaced the starter and oil changes. Starter went out due to sitting in the garage for almost a year, due to circumstances, not mechanical issues. Honestly the best car I've ever owned. The reliability of this car is ridiculously high. Last winter we got a ton of snow and she powered through everywhere we went with no issues. Even had to push my girlfriend's SUV into our driveway with it. Cant go wrong with this car, my only complaints are: the the A/C hasnt worked since I bought it due to a leak. And the muffler rusted off, so its louder than normal but not excessive.
Parts are easy to find and cheap to buy if you need them. Highly recommended Around 25-30 mpg,

Bought this car because of these reviews
By bboga

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after having bad luck with cars, i call it the summer from hell when i went through two cars due to blown head gaskets. But i relied heavily on these review so i felt obligated to leave one saying it was by far the best decisions i could have ever made i've put almost 6000 miles in about 3 months since I am in the Air force Reserves and live 220 miles from my base. The car had a regular maintenance that i caught it up on, and since hasn't missed a beat. I would buy 3 more right now if I had the money just to keep the quality for when this one finally burns out (it's at 152,000 miles right now). I just don't feel like the quality will ever be this good engine wise.

I love how easy it is to diagnose and how cheap it is to fix, everyone can work on this car since it's so simple and made to be easy to work on.

I have no suggestions for improvements since it's such a great car, except to the owners, if you do a little research on the internet about little things wrong with your car you can usually find a how-to video and fix it yourself if you have just a little bit of mechanical knowledge or the ability to follow instructions

Such Endurance...
By proxity

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I've done very little maintenance on my LE due to little time and money. This was a 3-year period... the car refuses to die. I'm impressed.

---

The only complaint I have is the cheap plastic on the door handles, both, inside and out. Be careful not to open the doors too hard. It's a minor issue, but can be considerably annoying at times.

Camry is the Car
By toyotaduude

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

The 1994 XLE Camry is luxury and reliability combined with a cheetah.
Ok, not really a cheetah, more like 185 horses.
I have purchased my Camry pre-owned in '02 and have put over 130k with 265k and counting.
If you want to spend money on other things in life, then I highly recommend buying a Camry and maintain it.
The investment will pay dividends.

Great Car but easy to be stolen
By Mario

1994 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My car was a great car in all ways. unfortunately My 1994 green toyota Camry le V6 was stolen this Wednesday in Inglewood, CA. if you really want one of these cars you better install an state of the art alarm and electronic locater. I hope the police will find it.

engine, mechanic reliability.

Much better security anti-theft devices. It is a magnet to thieves.