Used 1994 Toyota Camry LE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

First Car
By ohsookay

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2012 after I got my license, and it really is a great car. Purchased the car at 130k, and I'm current at 216k. Never had any major problems with it; just the usual standard routine; oil, tires, brakes, struts, and transmission fluid. The only major thing I take in my Camry is for the timing belt, but other than that the car runs amazing. Seats are super comfortable, and compared to most cars nowadays, there's plenty of leg and head room! And a spacious trunk as well. I get about 28/29 ish mpg on highway, and just a little bit less on the street.

Just can't part with it!
By Sam

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Camry in 1996, from a single owner. My plan was to drive it for 10 years, then buy a new car, but I just can't seem to part with it. After 14 years, and 200,000 miles, both the interior and exterior look new, with just one speck of rust where the spoiler is attached to the car. The only problem I have run into is that the antenna only goes up half- way, but the reception is still great. I have never put any money into it, other than regular maintenance, and I still get 30 mpg. The engine is incredibly quiet, and the ride is very smooth. I haven't decided which car I will buy next, but I'm sure that it will be a Toyota!

Favorite Features

Quiet engine, smooth ride, gas mileage, reliability

Suggested Improvements

None!

Love it
By camrymycar

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 years ago with 95k miles. It caught my eye because I was looking for a toyota coupe. I love this car because it is very comfortable and quiet. The engine is smooth and quiet and the tranny puts the power down very smoothly. For a four-banger, it has good pickup and a good-sounding redline. Quick shifts, smooth power, smooth ride, quiet, reliable, dependable, good trunk space, nice sunroof, good-looking, comfortable, sporty, just perfect. It could have more storage space in the interior and better cupholders though. The paint is chipping on the front and fading with sunburn, but that comes with age. Needs more steering feedback but is a great car with a comfortable ride.

Favorite Features

I love the sunroof and big windows for hot days. Big trunk. Comfortable adjustable seat. I love the quiet smooth ride it delivers. Comfortable steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

More clearcoating from the factory needed to stop paint degradation. Bigger cupholders needed (preferably adjustable ones). The insulation on the taillights is letting moisture into them.

On my 2nd Camry
By davedawg2000

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car before my 17th birthday just after we sold my old car (which was a 1989 Toyota Camry with 200k+ miles). Anyway, I simply fell in love with this car. I've had it for over 5 months now, and I couldn't be happier. 1 brake job and one oil change is all that had to be done up to this point. I plan on taking this Camry to 200,000 just like the old one.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, power everything, generous trunk/cargo/passenger space, smooth ride, sunroof :)

Suggested Improvements

Make the coupe doors a tad larger, mileage could be better (I get 16-18 in town with the 4-cylinder), suspension could be a bit firmer.

Great car
By Tina

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I've bought. I have never had any major mechanical problems with it other than basic wear & tear... it's 11 yrs old now and still runs like a champ. The only complaint I would have is the paint chipping & fading but it's to be expected. Overall, excellent car I love her.

Favorite Features

when I purchased the car I was younger so of course it was the sunroof ... now it's the fact that it still runs w/o any problems

Suggested Improvements

Better longer lasting paint