1994 Toyota Camry Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
First Car
By ohsookay on 06/29/14 00:55 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2012 after I got my license, and it really is a great car. Purchased the car at 130k, and I'm current at 216k. Never had any major problems with it; just the usual standard routine; oil, tires, brakes, struts, and transmission fluid. The only major thing I take in my Camry is for the timing belt, but other than that the car runs amazing. Seats are super comfortable, and compared to most cars nowadays, there's plenty of leg and head room! And a spacious trunk as well. I get about 28/29 ish mpg on highway, and just a little bit less on the street.

Just can't part with it!
By Sam on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Camry in 1996, from a single owner. My plan was to drive it for 10 years, then buy a new car, but I just can't seem to part with it. After 14 years, and 200,000 miles, both the interior and exterior look new, with just one speck of rust where the spoiler is attached to the car. The only problem I have run into is that the antenna only goes up half- way, but the reception is still great. I have never put any money into it, other than regular maintenance, and I still get 30 mpg. The engine is incredibly quiet, and the ride is very smooth. I haven't decided which car I will buy next, but I'm sure that it will be a Toyota!

Love it
By camrymycar on 07/20/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 years ago with 95k miles. It caught my eye because I was looking for a toyota coupe. I love this car because it is very comfortable and quiet. The engine is smooth and quiet and the tranny puts the power down very smoothly. For a four-banger, it has good pickup and a good-sounding redline. Quick shifts, smooth power, smooth ride, quiet, reliable, dependable, good trunk space, nice sunroof, good-looking, comfortable, sporty, just perfect. It could have more storage space in the interior and better cupholders though. The paint is chipping on the front and fading with sunburn, but that comes with age. Needs more steering feedback but is a great car with a comfortable ride.

On my 2nd Camry
By davedawg2000 on 04/29/06 21:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car before my 17th birthday just after we sold my old car (which was a 1989 Toyota Camry with 200k+ miles). Anyway, I simply fell in love with this car. I've had it for over 5 months now, and I couldn't be happier. 1 brake job and one oil change is all that had to be done up to this point. I plan on taking this Camry to 200,000 just like the old one.

Great car
By Tina on 05/08/05 01:51 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I've bought. I have never had any major mechanical problems with it other than basic wear & tear... it's 11 yrs old now and still runs like a champ. The only complaint I would have is the paint chipping & fading but it's to be expected. Overall, excellent car I love her.

Best damn car ever made
By Toyota man on 03/13/05 21:42 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

I bought my 94 SE coupe second hand as a trade in at my dealership. I owned the car for 6 years until sadly it was recently totalled. This particular car was one of Toyota's best made vehicles. Never left me starnded, always looked good. Interior layout was the best of any of the Camrys. You could ask for more style, comfort and just an all around great car. A sporty coupe with room for 4 human beings. I can't say enough about my old friend. I would buy another one today if the car was available and as clean as mine was. Anyone in the market looking for a great used car, have a dealer check it out first then enjoy it!! Working for a dealer in sales I have driven them all. Can't beat a 94 SE.

Best car I've ever owned
By Bob Freed on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

Except for maintenance items (battery, new brakes, timing chain, etc) I have put nothing into this car. It has never let me down. I would love to keep it forever. The V-6 is a bit of a gas hog and does not have "pin you back in your seat" acceleration, but is fun to drive.

Hard To Let Go Of!
By AustinCamryOwner on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE 2dr Coupe

We've owned this black coupe since it was a year old, and the reliability has been astounding. Simply put, it has never left my wife stranded and broken down - ever. And maintenence has been just the minimum required. While the 4 cylinder isn't particulary sporty in nature, this car wasn't purchased for that purpose... it was purchased for comfort, decent style and reliability, and it has delivered all 3 exactly as expected along with great fuel mileage.

Good except for the 1MZ-FE
By loser65 on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe LE V6 2dr Coupe

If you get the V6 of the 94-96, be prepared for maintenance. When I hit 100,000 miles it started to develop some leaks and have water pump go out. I did run it hard, but I still expected more from Toyota.

Fun:Dependable
By coolfool86 on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry Coupe SE V6 2dr Coupe

This car is the best I have ever owned it is now nine years old and still looks as good as new. It has 123,000 miles and runs the same as on the way home from the dealership.