Used 1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry is the Car
By toyotaduude

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

The 1994 XLE Camry is luxury and reliability combined with a cheetah. Ok, not really a cheetah, more like 185 horses. I have purchased my Camry pre-owned in '02 and have put over 130k with 265k and counting. If you want to spend money on other things in life, then I highly recommend buying a Camry and maintain it. The investment will pay dividends.

Fabulous car
By David W

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been a total pleasure as well as a joy to drive. It is peppy and accelerates very well getting onto highways and when we need to move quickly. We have 205,000 miles, and have never had to do anything more than routine maintenance which we do religiously. The leather seats are showing wear after 17 years but other than that, we have no sense we are driving an older car, and we think the design is still handsome.

Favorite Features

Its peppiness and excellent handling make it hard for us to imagine trading it in.

Thought It Was Good
By CarHog

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this Camry from original owner- Had around 85000 miles on it--after 98000 miles everything went wrong--I religiously changed my oil and fluids. First to go wrong were all of the window motors--each cost around 250- 300 to fix. Next, antenna and stereo went out--costs were around 200-250. Finally, the transmission went out-- had to change front and rear end seals, driver brake hoes busted, and shocks went out--don't want to think about how much expensive it was. I still have it b/c can't afford anything else. I was surprised to see the downward trend after 98000 miles from a Camry.

Favorite Features

Interior will never get old--still looks new. The ride if very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better factory paint--I know that Toyota has a very bad reputation when it comes to factory paint on older vehicles. Hope to see more reliable transmissions and stronger V6 engines.

Well, it is 15 years old
By BSS

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry w/low mileage in 2002, & currently it has 117,000 mi. After just replacing cv jt, the starter went out. I knew it was leaking a little oil & power steering fluid--but it turns out I should've had those checked first. Water pump, timing belt, entire power steering system, & valve cover gasket all on their way out. I don't expect even a Toyota to run forever, but this is at 117,000 mi. I don't skip oil changes, & am not that hard on cars--tho I didn't realize how serious a pwr steering leak can be. Overall it's been pretty reliable--just hate it's all going at once. I'm trying Honda next.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, quiet, love the V6

Suggested Improvements

The door handle broke off, & the leather looked horrible when I bought it--but mostly, the dash. I don't know how it happened, but it's nasty, cracked, & rubs off when touched so it can't be cleaned, very odd, awful smell. Beyond weird to me.

Great Car - 12 yr owner of 15 yr old car
By alexa

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 when it was 3 years old with 40-K miles, I have owned it since and it is at 275-K and running smoothly. I have all the regular maintenance done and recently drove it non-stop 450 miles on one 16-gallon tank of gas. I am not selling it since I cannot get what it is worth, everyone sneers at the mileage and age of the car, but I know that it is a great car, will not be surprised if it makes 500-K miles. No problem at all just change tires, routine maintenance, very little rust, change batteries, etc.

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfortable and smooth on the road, still got power and pep after 15 years!

Suggested Improvements

None!