1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry is the Car
By toyotaduude on 03/26/11 17:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

The 1994 XLE Camry is luxury and reliability combined with a cheetah. Ok, not really a cheetah, more like 185 horses. I have purchased my Camry pre-owned in '02 and have put over 130k with 265k and counting. If you want to spend money on other things in life, then I highly recommend buying a Camry and maintain it. The investment will pay dividends.

Fabulous car
By David W on 08/16/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been a total pleasure as well as a joy to drive. It is peppy and accelerates very well getting onto highways and when we need to move quickly. We have 205,000 miles, and have never had to do anything more than routine maintenance which we do religiously. The leather seats are showing wear after 17 years but other than that, we have no sense we are driving an older car, and we think the design is still handsome.

Thought It Was Good
By CarHog on 01/31/10 12:10 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this Camry from original owner- Had around 85000 miles on it--after 98000 miles everything went wrong--I religiously changed my oil and fluids. First to go wrong were all of the window motors--each cost around 250- 300 to fix. Next, antenna and stereo went out--costs were around 200-250. Finally, the transmission went out-- had to change front and rear end seals, driver brake hoes busted, and shocks went out--don't want to think about how much expensive it was. I still have it b/c can't afford anything else. I was surprised to see the downward trend after 98000 miles from a Camry.

Well, it is 15 years old
By BSS on 11/23/09 11:09 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I got my Camry w/low mileage in 2002, & currently it has 117,000 mi. After just replacing cv jt, the starter went out. I knew it was leaking a little oil & power steering fluid--but it turns out I should've had those checked first. Water pump, timing belt, entire power steering system, & valve cover gasket all on their way out. I don't expect even a Toyota to run forever, but this is at 117,000 mi. I don't skip oil changes, & am not that hard on cars--tho I didn't realize how serious a pwr steering leak can be. Overall it's been pretty reliable--just hate it's all going at once. I'm trying Honda next.

Great Car - 12 yr owner of 15 yr old car
By alexa on 07/15/09 20:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1997 when it was 3 years old with 40-K miles, I have owned it since and it is at 275-K and running smoothly. I have all the regular maintenance done and recently drove it non-stop 450 miles on one 16-gallon tank of gas. I am not selling it since I cannot get what it is worth, everyone sneers at the mileage and age of the car, but I know that it is a great car, will not be surprised if it makes 500-K miles. No problem at all just change tires, routine maintenance, very little rust, change batteries, etc.

Best Car
By XLE on 02/07/07 09:09 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car only five months ago with 200K miles on it from the original owner. I had to install a front flex pipe and rear brake pads at the time, but with it pushing 207K miles as of today I would have to say that is low cost of service for the amount of miles on it. Every single option still works on the car and it has held up great, paint is original and glossy, no dents or rust, no cracks in the leather. Its life was cut short due to an unlicensed driver crashing into it while on my way to work. I drove this 100 miles a day and averaged 27 MPG, sad to see it go.

The perfect car
By Bobby M on 01/23/06 20:04 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 53,000 mi. on it. This car has been very reliable for 189,000 mi. Transmission went out at 189,000 mi. I had a new trans. put in it. This car still drive like a new car. I believe this car can go another 100,000 mi. trouble free. I am completely sold on Toyota.

review
By big curt dog on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

good car has good power but has problems with the transmision on the v-6 model.

Excellent Quality and Reliability!
By viraxay sopha on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is driven daily for the last 9 years and it is still running like new. I have changed the tires twice and a battery once as part of normal wear.

Even Used
By BarryT on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought mine with 170,000+ miles from a friend. Never a minute of trouble. Still a reliable and fun vehicle.