Used 1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

94 Camry Wagon
By RayX

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

After 11 years and 102,000 miles, the engine is still shiny. No leaks or emissions of any kind. Just replaced the starter -- the first mechanical problem we've had except for the antenna retracting mechanism.

Favorite Features

I'm not big on features. I'm big on reliability and value, and this car provides both in spades.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise is a problem. I've noticed that in other Toyotas. The windows do not seal well. No variable control for the wipers.

best car ever
By willizannah

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

In my 40 years of car ownership I have without question never had such a wonderful car. And at 215,000 miles it is still going strong. My mechanic said that this particular engine simply does not wear out. Not only is quality what one would expect from Toyota, but the power and handling are far above what you would expect from a wagon...and an old one at that. If you have a chance to get one of these, buy it before it gets away.

Favorite Features

handling, super quiet ride, excellent gas mileage for this size car

Suggested Improvements

You've got to be kidding.

Best I've Owned
By msmurray

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

This Camary wagon is awesome ! I have owned many cars and none have been as reliable. The interior is still perfect,the exterior could use a mirror glaze. The oil consistently has the look of Honey...Excellent Car !

Suggested Improvements

None....

I love my wagon1
By jfoxx

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I traded in my '96 4Runner to buy this '94 Camry wagon because the fuel was better and the monthly payment was MUCH better. I thought I'd miss my 4Runner, but I was wrong. This Camry is so much fun to drive. The 6 Cyl. engine is so zippy in the wagon compared to the bulky 4Runner. And I haven't sacrificed any cargo space, the wagon still accomodates a large load. I bought it from a small used car dealership and it had been well maintained and only had 81,000 miles. I look forward to putting another 2 or 3 hundred thousand. I have read that the 6-cyl. engine in this model is one of the best engines ever made.

Favorite Features

Incredibly zippy yet fuel effecient engine; Large cargo area, the comfort of a car with the cargo area of an SUV.

Suggested Improvements

none

150,000 miles and still strong
By skday

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

Even with the V6 this wagon isn't super strong, but otherwise I have nothing to complain about. My only repairs since purchase at 130,000 have been wear and tear items (brakes, timing belt, a/c). Just test-drove a new Outback wagon, and had a revelation when I got back into my car. It felt more solid and comfortable than the brand new Subaru at 9 years old! Why buy new?

Favorite Features

Reliability, comfort, safe and solid feeling.

Suggested Improvements

More power, please, esp. lower-end torque.