1994 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Great Car but easy to be stolen
By Mario on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My car was a great car in all ways. unfortunately My 1994 green toyota Camry le V6 was stolen this Wednesday in Inglewood, CA. if you really want one of these cars you better install an state of the art alarm and electronic locater. I hope the police will find it.

Best Car Ever Owned
By Advisor2010 on 03/14/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have put >223k miles on it. Form, fit and function are exceptional. The 3.0 L engine runs like a Lexus - smooth and reliable. I agree with the other reviewers about the poor low end torque, but not about the mileage. My typical city/highway mileage was 20 mpg, and I have never gotten better than 24 mpg. I have had owned Chevy and Olds, and neither is as solid an automobile as the Camry. This one's a keeper.

A little overrated in reliability
By Jesse on 02/10/10 22:08 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car handled wonderfully, and drove extremely quiet. I never changed the transmission fluid, coolent, got a tune-up, or had to replace a belt...all I ever did was routinely change the oil about every 5-7k. Guess what failed? The piston rings. The oil pump conked out and destroyed the rings. Now, it is hardly worth fixing at a $2000 bill. If anything, I thought the transmission would have gone, not the thing I actually did take care of. Made it to 158,000 miles, though.

Wonderful car
By golfman on 11/03/09 04:07 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Am finally moving on from this car after 16 years. Has been a great auto. Extremely reliable. This was basically the Lexus ES 300 with a different body and missing some bells and whistles. Toyota later thought this car was too good for the price and "decontented" it. I've had no major issues or repairs with it. Replaced the timing chain around 80k miles. I'm even reluctantly giving it up at this point, but there are just too many nice features on the new cars to pass up. I have the black exterior and tan interior and still think the car looks good today. A real peach.

Bullet-proof car
By reid on 09/10/08 20:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 30,000 miles in 1997. It now has 221,000 miles and has never failed. The car burns no oil and has no oil leaks. I keep thinking about buying a new car, but this one won't die. The only defective item was the electric antenna that died at 110,000 miles. Used replacement was expensive at $100.

94 V6 LE
By scott on 07/01/08 10:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in November of 2004 with 122,000 miles on the odometer. I paid more than book because one-owner Camrys with all the background are hard to find. I've put 54,000 miles on it and have replaced the timing belt, windshield, brakes, front struts and 2 O2 sensors. It is always reliable and gets between 24 and 27 mpg. I love this car and plan on keeping it until something expensive breaks. It does not use a drop of oil between changes.

Rock Solid Reliability
By Don on 06/18/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Camry LE V6 used 7.5 years ago with 57k miles on it. Iíve put 90k miles on the car since and itís been a fantastically reliable car. The car felt light on its feet. One thing I always hated about the V6 engine was the lack of low end torque. Until you rev the engine up to 3000 RPM, it feels like a 4 cylinder. The suspension was far too soft so I would always get a lot of body roll when I took turns. Definitely not a fun car to drive. The car is meant for people who want a smooth ride.

Luv My Camry
By Chris Ryan on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

never been to the shop for anything serious, just normal checkup, creat built car

Camry Rocks!
By Otisspunky on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I have had this car a few years now and have had no problems with it whatsoever. Granted after I passed 100K there were minor adjustments needed (new O2 sensor, new starter). Toyota builds a great car. And the 94 camry should last well over 200K miles if you make sure to change the fluids regularly.

Frank's review
By frankp on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I found this vehicle very reliable and comfortable both on long rides and short excursions, cruise control is very useful on long trips. I found that doing routine maintenance was somewhat difficult due to the lack of manevering room under the hood, but overall a good car.