1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A maintenance nightmare
By Bradford on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it in November. Since then I have had to replace the axles, cv joints because the boot ripped. I have also had to replace the transmission, the water, makes noise now. The radiator went bad and I replace that. Now the head gasket one out and that needs to be replaced. I have never ever had so much trouble with a car. With everybody saying so many wonderful things about these cars I think that it is strange that I've had so many problems. Oh and by the way the steering is making sounds. The trunk was also leaking water into it. The whole wheel well filled up.

1993 Camry LE V6
By RHooper on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

173,000 miles to date. Still original exhaust, and one brake job! The engine and transmission remain strong. The biggest repair was a driver side power window motor. The vehicle has been bullet proof and extremely reliable. At legal speeds during highway trips, the V6 returns 29-32 mpg. The car continues to earn my respect with each passing maintenance free mile.

Who Knows
By Pooney on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

After owning this car I would never own any other type of automobile. For the first one hundred thousand miles I had virtually no problems. My only costs were normal maintainence costs. Now after one hundred eighty thousand I am putting some money into the car but it runs like new with no problems. One minor problem has occured and that is the stero AM/FM has gone out on us.

Great car
By shah on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Wagon

Had it almost six years. things don't break often but cost some money to repair. almost 10yrs old, 160000 miles so getting old. Engine sounds great but has lost power. some days feels new or feels as sluggish as a corrolla. Transmition very rarely doesn't want to go into overdrive when first started but eventually does. i've ragged this car(probably why losing power) and it's not burning oil. Body style is ten years old but it still looks, sounds, and rides like a new car. very reliable, in shop less than neighbor's 2000 impala, always starts unlike their 1995 monte carlo, and never squeeks like my other neighbors' 2000 suburban does every few months.

My baby died @ 130,000
By Dead Leg on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

130,000 Death Mark I loved my car, got it in GREAT condition - I treated it like a baby. (Barely drover) anything broke I fixed it. But after 130,000 everything died. Could not pass admissions, AC out, Leaking transmission fuel and oil.

best '93 car
By bikemaster02\ on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is an inline 4 and very zippy! It goes 0-60 in under 10 seconds. and has wonderful fuel economy. I havent had it for long but so far it is a great car

Lasted forever
By twinturbo on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my Camry for 9yrs. and I have had no real problems except for 200,000 miles I had to replace the transmission. But, now at 283,000 miles she's starting to die. I love my car and would actually buy another. Toyota makes some great cars, and they last forever. I hate to do it but, I think I'm going to have to put my car to rest. If you're looking for a reliable, long lasting, fun car this is the one for you.

Excellent car
By brando on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent. This is the best car in the world for the money. very very reliable. cranks up and go everyday. the ride is smooth. The car is so quiet, I have to turn my stereo of at red stop lights to try and hear the engine. 'THIS IS A BABY LEXUS" shop around it has great resale value, and cool styling. Mine is a 1993 4dr LE drives like a 6. This is not the flashiest or most powerful car on the market, but it is an affordable solid buy. I promise if you take care of it with minimal maintenance it will take care of you. 200,000 and 300,000 miles is not out of the question. I wrecked mine with 160,000 miles on it and it still pures like a kitten.

I love my Camry
By Diane Crangle on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have not had any trouble out of my camry. It still looks good except for my front bumper. I had a fender bender and I have been back 3 times just to have my bumper painted because it won't stay on the new bumper. The side mirrors peeled after about 7 or 8 years just on there own but the car stays outside 24/7. I enjoy driving it and I don't want to get rid of it because I am so comfortable and "secure" with it.

High Bang/Buck Ratio
By cm-sf on 03/16/02 18:34 PM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I love Toyotas. You know exactly what you're getting when you buy one - reliability, safety, comfort, dependability. What you see is what you get - no money pits. My car looks like a luxury sedan on the inside - all leather, wood-paneling, sunroof, automatic seats - and is also fast, thanks to the V6 engine. My car's got over 100k miles on it and still runs perfectly - the only thing I can complain about is that maintenance starts to go up as it ages (like any car). For well under $10,000 the Camry XLE V6 is luxury and reliability on a shoestring budget. What else can you ask for?!