1993 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Very well
By gc188 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Good Interior & Exterior Design , Good Quality, Reliable

Great Car
By SLC Punk on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

This car has been in my family since it was new. I recently purchased it for my wife, from my parents. There has been no major problems with the car (just maintenance). It passes emissions with no problem. Looks and runs like the day they purchased it new.

A maintenance nightmare
By Bradford on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought it in November. Since then I have had to replace the axles, cv joints because the boot ripped. I have also had to replace the transmission, the water, makes noise now. The radiator went bad and I replace that. Now the head gasket one out and that needs to be replaced. I have never ever had so much trouble with a car. With everybody saying so many wonderful things about these cars I think that it is strange that I've had so many problems. Oh and by the way the steering is making sounds. The trunk was also leaking water into it. The whole wheel well filled up.

1993 Camry LE V6
By RHooper on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

173,000 miles to date. Still original exhaust, and one brake job! The engine and transmission remain strong. The biggest repair was a driver side power window motor. The vehicle has been bullet proof and extremely reliable. At legal speeds during highway trips, the V6 returns 29-32 mpg. The car continues to earn my respect with each passing maintenance free mile.

Who Knows
By Pooney on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

After owning this car I would never own any other type of automobile. For the first one hundred thousand miles I had virtually no problems. My only costs were normal maintainence costs. Now after one hundred eighty thousand I am putting some money into the car but it runs like new with no problems. One minor problem has occured and that is the stero AM/FM has gone out on us.

My baby died @ 130,000
By Dead Leg on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan

130,000 Death Mark I loved my car, got it in GREAT condition - I treated it like a baby. (Barely drover) anything broke I fixed it. But after 130,000 everything died. Could not pass admissions, AC out, Leaking transmission fuel and oil.

best '93 car
By bikemaster02\ on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car is an inline 4 and very zippy! It goes 0-60 in under 10 seconds. and has wonderful fuel economy. I havent had it for long but so far it is a great car

Lasted forever
By twinturbo on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have had my Camry for 9yrs. and I have had no real problems except for 200,000 miles I had to replace the transmission. But, now at 283,000 miles she's starting to die. I love my car and would actually buy another. Toyota makes some great cars, and they last forever. I hate to do it but, I think I'm going to have to put my car to rest. If you're looking for a reliable, long lasting, fun car this is the one for you.

Excellent car
By brando on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent. This is the best car in the world for the money. very very reliable. cranks up and go everyday. the ride is smooth. The car is so quiet, I have to turn my stereo of at red stop lights to try and hear the engine. 'THIS IS A BABY LEXUS" shop around it has great resale value, and cool styling. Mine is a 1993 4dr LE drives like a 6. This is not the flashiest or most powerful car on the market, but it is an affordable solid buy. I promise if you take care of it with minimal maintenance it will take care of you. 200,000 and 300,000 miles is not out of the question. I wrecked mine with 160,000 miles on it and it still pures like a kitten.

I love my Camry
By Diane Crangle on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have not had any trouble out of my camry. It still looks good except for my front bumper. I had a fender bender and I have been back 3 times just to have my bumper painted because it won't stay on the new bumper. The side mirrors peeled after about 7 or 8 years just on there own but the car stays outside 24/7. I enjoy driving it and I don't want to get rid of it because I am so comfortable and "secure" with it.