Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Outstanding Vehicle
By SY

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This Camry has been top-notch. It has saved my life twice in desperate situations by its agility and power, and kept me out of many potential situations. It's required only normal maintenance, with the exception of the axle boots. These tore, probably from one of the desperation moves. If you have a shimmy (between 50mph and 55, and widening with time) that's hard to diagnose, and the front end is tight, look to the boots. This car should make it to 300,000 now.

Reliability, quiet engine, decent power, stable agility, lots of interior room.

Needs a better, ergonomic seat, and some adjustment so that my arms aren't always outstretched, reaching for the steering wheel (armrests? longer steering column?) Back benchseat could raise, so folding portion could lie flat. Full-size spare, please! Back passengers have little leg room.

Its a tank.
By Heinen

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from my father in law who had the car since new. At that time it had 162,000 on the odometer. I now have 255,000. Yes, you read that correctly. I drive on average 100 miles a day, at least during the week anyways. I have had to do breaks several times but not due to a lack of quality. All the service since I have had it has been done by myself (a former Toyota mechanic) and rarely use anything other than factory parts. The car has been hit several times (mostly rear ended) but has never had to see a body shop. The car is a tank - indestrucible. I plan on driving it until there is no drive left in it. Who knows when that will be.

Ease of maintenance. Visibility. Spacious seating considering its an import. Durability (its been battered and just keeps going).

The passenger side cup holder always amuses me. You cannot have a cup in that particular holder and put the car in Park. For as well thought out as Toyotas are, I guess something has to slip through the cracks. Really, there is no reason to gripe.

Great model
By SoCalCarGuy

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Camry is reliable, quick, and safe. I have had no major or minor problems in the years since I bought it new. The ride is really nice and smooth.

The styling is understated and simple, not flashy or dated.

The factory issue plastic hubcaps get scratched easily.

Favorite Car
By Marge

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

Of all the cars I've ever owned, my Camry has been my favorite. I've kept it longer than any other. After 13 years, it still gets great gas mileage and runs great. I plan on buying a new one this year just for a change. A friend of mine wants my "old" one. You can't go wrong with a Camry.

Favorite features are gas mileage of course, looks, rides smoothly and one of favorites is not being able to lock keys in the ignition.

I'm sure it's been done but my seats could be a little more comfortable, cup holders adjustable and a place to rest my arms when I'm the passenger.

Reliable Car
By D. Corley

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car in '96 with 40k miles. I only had 1 major problem with it, oil leaks and this was around the 60-70k miles. I have had it for 10 years and have 105k miles and hope to keep it another 10. It is very reliable and rides nicely. However, had problems with the power windows twice. Overall I have been very happy with the car. My husband has a '97 and it rides nicely too.

Rides nicely, quiet engine, roomy trunk, seat goes down and can carry large items.