Used 1993 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Cool Car
By mia2106

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I really do love this car. It is my first car and I think I did a great job. So far I had the transmission and radiator flushed, my oil changed. The car did not pass inspection because there is leaking power steering fluid. So now I have to get my rack and pinion replaced. Other than that, my car is in excellent condition. The interior and exterior is in great condition. The car only had 93110 miles on it, when I purchased it. The car runs smooth as silk.

The radio has a lot of power, the power windows roll up and down as if they were brand new.

The driver's seat is uncomfortable. The cup holders are not big enough.

Good Car
By Matt

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this '93 last year with 44k on it. Most problems to date occured because it wasnt driven enough (several engine seals, cv boots/seals). The build quality, however, is excellent. The interior still looks new, the paint is original and still decent. Good acceleration, braking, cushy ride.

Build quality, the smoothness of the V-6 engine, well damped ride.

If buying, look for oil leaks as the repairs can get very costly. Better cupholders and improved plastic wheel covers.

Outstanding Vehicle
By SY

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This Camry has been top-notch. It has saved my life twice in desperate situations by its agility and power, and kept me out of many potential situations. It's required only normal maintenance, with the exception of the axle boots. These tore, probably from one of the desperation moves. If you have a shimmy (between 50mph and 55, and widening with time) that's hard to diagnose, and the front end is tight, look to the boots. This car should make it to 300,000 now.

Reliability, quiet engine, decent power, stable agility, lots of interior room.

Needs a better, ergonomic seat, and some adjustment so that my arms aren't always outstretched, reaching for the steering wheel (armrests? longer steering column?) Back benchseat could raise, so folding portion could lie flat. Full-size spare, please! Back passengers have little leg room.

Its a tank.
By Heinen

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought the car from my father in law who had the car since new. At that time it had 162,000 on the odometer. I now have 255,000. Yes, you read that correctly. I drive on average 100 miles a day, at least during the week anyways. I have had to do breaks several times but not due to a lack of quality. All the service since I have had it has been done by myself (a former Toyota mechanic) and rarely use anything other than factory parts. The car has been hit several times (mostly rear ended) but has never had to see a body shop. The car is a tank - indestrucible. I plan on driving it until there is no drive left in it. Who knows when that will be.

Ease of maintenance. Visibility. Spacious seating considering its an import. Durability (its been battered and just keeps going).

The passenger side cup holder always amuses me. You cannot have a cup in that particular holder and put the car in Park. For as well thought out as Toyotas are, I guess something has to slip through the cracks. Really, there is no reason to gripe.

Great model
By SoCalCarGuy

1993 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

My 1993 Camry is reliable, quick, and safe. I have had no major or minor problems in the years since I bought it new. The ride is really nice and smooth.

The styling is understated and simple, not flashy or dated.

The factory issue plastic hubcaps get scratched easily.