Used 1993 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I wish they still made these
By AlaskaDave

1993 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought this Camry in Anchorage, Alaska with 152,000 miles on it. It has been a fantastic vehicle. It now has traveled 185,000 miles and it still gets 19 city 26 hwy mpg, runs like a top, performs well, and is very comfortable for a large person (6' 2" 230 lb). And everything still works! The only thing I would change if I could is to have a Camry wagon like this with AWD. That would truly be a car for the long term.

Favorite Features

Its comfort & performance are top notch, plus it gets great gas mileage for a 6 cyl automatic.

Suggested Improvements

AWD

Reliable Runner
By Reliable Runner

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

This was my first non-American auto. It was the best experience of a car since my 1964 Chev Impala. Very dependable which rates very highly with me as a woman driver. Don't like the fact there are no flat surfaces to hold objects and no metal for a magnet to hold msgs or papers to keep in view for use. This car owes me nothing. It is a bit loud on the freeway and not a "smooth as silk" ride, but all in all it's been a keeper.

Favorite Features

Handles very well, hugs the road in turns. Large trunk is terrific. Quick to respond.

Suggested Improvements

Holders for more than one size cup as there in no flat surface. Strongly suggest using red on the dashboard and lighten up the glass. Can't see A/C light or parking lights. The whole button should light up, not a tiny green light which is invisible in daylight.

The most reliable car I've ever owned
By bdevilla

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Camry, it had 90,000 miles on it. The only thing I ever had to do to this car was routine maintenance that you would expect for a car of this age. When I sold it, it had 174,000 miles and still ran like a dream!! I highly recommend a Camry. I was even rear ended in this car and all it did was chip paint off of the bumper. The Olds that hit me had his hood smashed and the grille laying in the street. Amazing. I'm a Toyota owner for life.

Favorite Features

The best thing about this car is the engine, because the dash is very plain. It also goes well in the snow for a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Keep this car out of the sun. My dash cracked and it gets that "old car" smell worse than most. My friend owns one and has the same issue.

93 Camry
By Victor

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable in all kinds of weather. My total expenditures for repairs in the 14 years I have owned it are less than $600. Hate to sell it but the wife wants a new car! New car payment will be around $600.

Favorite Features

Comfortable. Lumbar adjustable support. Fun to drive, plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a better defogger.

Best Car Ever.
By Megan

1993 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Wagon

I'm on my second. Has NEVER left me high and dry. Had a power window problem with the first, (before I totalled it). It has timeless styling, so it still looks brand new. You never see them for sale b/c people have no need to sell them. It fits a full-size mattress in the back, (rear seats fold down). I get 30 mpg. I've had 2 strangers come up to me and try to buy it. All this, and I have enough power/pick-up to burn idiots at stop lights. PLUS it's invisible to cops. I love this car and have no doubt I will be able to get another 5 years out of it.